Chapter 18: Pure white

Third-person P.O.V

"He's hereeee!!!" She waits for Nathan to open the door for her. She's not allowed to open it by herself for her own safety. She's trying to hold her excitement that is about to burst. Her brothers watch her in awe, the little girl is beaming as if she's open her Christmas present. But they also feel a small feeling of jealousy knowing she's going to spend her whole day with someone else than them.

Someone who will might take her away from them. In the future.

The door opens revealing a boy that she's been so excited to see ever since she woke up in the morning. " Riley!" He opens his arms and she throws herself to him. He catches her and they hug each other tightly.

"Cooties," Jack mumbles and walks to the kitchen. He can't stand the adorable sight yet causing him to feel disgusted.

" I made a lot of cookies for us." Lucas's eyes widen and he smiles widely. She knew how much he likes cookies. Especially when she made them. "Awww thanks, Ri-Ri!" Mrs. Morgan smiles seeing the two kids in front of her. They are so innocent and pure. She really hopes their friendship will never be broken. Lucas didn't like to be friends with anyone else except Riley. Lucas is a shut locked door to other kids, but and an open book to Riley.

"You to kids have fun alright. And Lucas, make sure you behave. I'll pick you up at 12 afternoons tomorrow." She plants a kiss on his forehead and leaves to her car not before waving to the kids. The two kids wave back at her then enter the house.

Riley takes his hand and runs upstairs with him. " I need to show you something." They both ran upstairs not acknowledging her brothers yelling at them not to run. All they sigh knowing the two beaming kids are in their own world. Micheal sigh and went to the kitchen to cook lunch for everyone. Nathan and Blake turn on the play station 4 and play Apex Legend. Luke just sits on the couch with his laptop finishing up his works.

***

" I got a new puppy!!!" Lucas gasp seeing such an adorable puppy in Riley's room.

" IT'S SOOO CUTEEEEE!!!!" The puppy was shocked by his loud voice and hides behind Riley

" IT'S SOOO CUTEEEEE!!!!" The puppy was shocked by his loud voice and hides behind Riley. Lucas frown and bend down seeing the white little puppy is afraid of him. " Try call Paigie. That's her name." Lucas's eyes widen hearing the little puppy's name.

It's his middle name, Paige.

Smile forms on his face with his heart flattered. " Paigie, c'mon her girl." He spokes softly making the Paigie peeks at him. It takes a few slow steps towards him. He put out his hand waiting for it to come to him. It sniffs his fingers and puts its small fluffy paw on his hand.

" Awww you're a good girl, Paigie. Does she have any treats?" Riley nods and takes a few treats from the container on top of her table and gives them to him. Paigie jump and bark seeing the treats. He feeds Paigie and giggles as he felt its tongue tickling his hand.

He looks up to Riley and sees her watching him with a soft smile on her face. He always loves that soft smile on her face. He wishes he could see it every day.

But something behind her catches his eyes." What happened to that?" He pointed at something behind her. Riley turns around and sees him pointing at her unicorn helmet. The unicorn horns were wrapped with a cloth but it's clearly getting loose.

" I played wearing it with Nathan. I accidentally fell behind him and poke the back of his head with it. He literally had tears in his eyesss. I feel so bad for him. It must have been so hurt. We wrap the unicorn horn with a cloth after that." Lucas chuckles imagining the scene. Oh, how he wishes he was there to see it.

Lucas stood up and takes the unicorn helmet. He takes off the cloth and his widen. He thought to himself why is it so pointy, he suddenly felt sorry for Nathan. He observed it and turns to Riley. " Maybe we could cover it using a tennis ball?" Riley thought about it and nods. "That's a great idea!!! Come, I know where we could find one."

***

The two of them stood in front of her parent's bedroom. She doesn't come inside ever since her parent's death. But now it doesn't put pain and grief in her chest as she used to. But the sorrow is still stuck in her chest every time she walks past it.

She usually sees her mother sitting on the bed knitting clothes for her, her brothers, and her dad. Everyone loves it when her mother gives them a wool sweater as their Christmas present. She always makes beautiful patterns.

Her father was cheerful and energetic. She would always greet her in the morning and went for a jog together. Sometimes her brothers would join too. Mostly Jack and Blake. Nathan and Micheal always stay at home helping their mother in the morning and make sure there's food before they got home. While Luke wakes up late every day because he always stays up late playing video games.

Standing in front of her parent's bedroom door makes her feel scared that she'll cry. Lucas notices how she's so tense and frowning. He puts both of his hands on her shoulder and turns her to him. Riley looks at him with teary eyes. He felt a small pain in his chest seeing her sad. He knew she hasn't entered the room ever since her parent's death.

" Hey, your mommy and daddy would be sad seeing you like this. They might not be here but they will stay inside your heart. They love you so much Sunshine. Please stay strong for them, for your brothers, and me." He let go of her shoulder and hold her hand.

" I'll always stay by your side."

Riley wipes her tears and smiles at him. " Thanks, Frosty..." She knew she had to move on and stay strong. Her parents would want her to live her life freely and happily. She knew it won't be easy. But she has her brothers and her best friend to lean on. They are her everything and they make her stronger. She wants to be strong so that she can protect the ones she loves. She grabs the doorknob and opens the door.

Not knowing what world she just reveals to the family...