Chapter 13: The finger snap

3 years ago

Luke's P.O.V

We all sigh as we just finished watching Avengers endgame. Jack and Riley's eyes are all teary. " WHY DOES HE HAVE TO DIE?!?!? Can't they bring him back?!"

Guess who's that talking.

It's Jack.

Iron Man had always been his favorite superhero. He might not spend most of his time with us but when it comes to watching marvel movies, he wouldn't miss our family movie night.

He loves Iron Man so much that from when he was 7 until he's 12, he would not wear anything else unless there's an Iron Man picture on it. He even wears the same shirt for 5 days. Mom had to make sure she to wash that specific shirt every day to make sure he didn't wear it back while it's dirty.

If he didn't find it, he would cry as if the world is ending.

Riley tugs my shirt and her eyes were filled with curiosity. " So if he snaps his finger, he will get anything he can think of? " I hummed and ruffles her hair. " Yeah, that's pretty much right. "

" Riley! Riley! " Micheal stood up and opens his arms. " If I snap my finger, you will run to me and give me a huggie-wuggie!" He snaps. Riley giggles and run towards him. She gives him the biggest loving hug.

That's my friend, is her huggie-wuggie.

All of us love it.

" Heyyyy, you can't have all the love from her alone!" Nathan snaps his finger and opens his arms widely. Riley giggles at his jealousy and runs towards him.

Then everyone starts snapping his finger except Jack. He went to his room after the movie ended.

Riley stumbles to the floor and lays with her legs and arms spread wide.

" I'm tiredddd."

We chuckled at her cuteness and I pick her up." It's time for your bedtime, sweetheart." She nods and snuggles more into me.

I went upstairs and walk to her room. She suddenly taps my chest when we are in front of her bedroom door.

" If I snap my finger, you will bring me to get ice cream tomorrow." Oh, I would like to see her try to snap her finger.

She keeps on trying for 5 minutes straight and I couldn't help but chuckle at how determined she is.

She sighs and her eyes suddenly lit up.

She looks at me and claps her hands.

This girl.

" Can that count?? " Her adorable eyes are pleading for me to let her get ice cream tomorrow.

I shake my head and tickles her. " Yeah, I guess that does count. But you need to spend with only me tomorrow. Okay?" She quickly nods and smiles.

"Okay!"

A smirk instantly forms on my face. I'm being greedy but it's fair you know. I'm rarely home, getting all her love is like regaining energy for me.