The Hunters

Jean looks down in worry to the fact that mostly all his friends were now down near Trost where the supposed Titans were.

I wonder if they're still alive... He thought.

"The advance squads returned!" someone yelled and Jean was immediately pulled out of his reverie. "Inform Commander Pyxis!"

All of the scouts, military police, and Commander Pyxis all circled around the man and Sasha to see what they had to say and what happened.

"I see... So there was nothing wrong with the wall?" Commander Pyxis asks.

"Yes, sir!" the garrison guard panted along with Sasha chugging water.

"As I suspected..." Commander Pyxis adds.

"H-However, there's a bit of a situation! We were heading back to Trost to give our report when we ran into the Scout unit led by Section Commander Hanji. Along with them, there were recruits from the 104th without their equipment. And it turns out, four of them, other than Eren Jaeger, were Titans!" the scout yelled.

And from that, there were smalls gasps and whispers. There were other Titan shifters? How much do they not know about the world they lived in? Well... They sure don't know a lot.

"What are you talking about? Are you saying there were more?! F-Four more of them?! Who was it?!" Jean yelled which made Sasha flinch.

"U-Uh, well..." Sasha stuttered.

"Jean, relax. What happened when their forms were revealed?" Commander Erwin asked.

"The Scouts engaged the Colossal and Armored Titan in battle. But by the time we joined up with them to fight... it was all over."

~*~

"So... Y/n- Y/n is a... Titan?"

Connie looked at Krista and another scout with eyes as wide as the earth. Krista looked more sad about Ymir being taken away but her being her kind self, she comforted Connie with a rub on the shoulder while the Scout gave him a pitiful look.

"It is shown she revealed her Titan form in the 57th expedition as the Thunder Titan and when we captured the Female Titan. Y/n has been taken away by Reiner and Bertolt. We will wait until we get higher-up authority on what we should do. Try and rest and tend the wounds of the injured soldiers." the scout ordered.

"Yes, ma'am." they both said in unison.

Krista and Connie went back to pampering the soldiers who were burnt by the Colossal Titan's steam.

"You're name is Historia, right?" Connie broke the silence.

Krista looked up at him, "Yes."

Krista, or should I now say, Historia went back to her sorrow for Ymir.

"We both lost someone today. Y/n was a very good friend." Connie said.

"Ymir was important to me too." Historia agreed.

"All the years I have been living with y/n, she kept that secret hidden from me. She could have told us the secrets of this world." Connie barked which made Historia flinch just a little.

"Ymir too." Historia tried to soothe.

Connie then went out of his temper tantrum and went back to cleaning.

~*~
Flashback

Chop!

There she was. 11 year old y/n with an axe, chopping firewood. Something that Connie was suppose to do.

"Hey. Stop doing that! I was suppose to do it! You're only doing this to flex your muscles." Connie said with his tone that had pure annoyance.

Y/n had a black tank top on which should off her surprisingly broad shoulders. Connie could've sworn he saw tricep definition on that tiny eleven-year old girl.

"You were doing it incorrectly. It's annoying when Mrs. Springer always scolds you." y/n responded bluntly.

Connie made an an annoying urghh sound slouched deeper in his sitting stance.

"Connie! Why are you making y/n do your work!"

Both y/n and Connie turn their heads to see Mrs. Springer with her hands on her hips having a scolding mother face.

"I'm not making her do it! She took the axe from me!" Connie defended.

"Y/n, is this true?" Mrs. Springer asked.

"Yes. I took it from him because he was doing it incorrectly. Not just with the way he was slicing the wood, but how he was holding it. It was sure to cut off his arms so I saved him from being armless." y/n answered mechanically and with a bored face and went back to chopping wood.

"Connie. Listen to me dear. Just like how y/n is always there for you no matter what. You always have to be there for y/n. Do you hear me?

...you always have to be there for y/n."

~*~

"You always have to be there for y/n."

The words rang in Connie's head as he looked down into a black void of spacing out.

But he quickly got himself together and went back to work.

Fine, then. I'll be there for you, y/n.

~*~

Eren flutters his eyes open. He feels lighter and exhausted. Around him, he's met with steam.

He gets up a looks around.

"Hey, Eren..."

Eren looks up at the voice and sees Reiner and Bertolt on humongously huge trees.

"You're awake."