Recruitment (16)

🥀

🥀

"When did you last change the shafts?" the Military Police asked.

"Six days ago. After the clean-up operation." Sasha answers.

Apparently, someone killed two of the Scout Regiments Titans and they are investigating who the killer might be.

"Just as the records say." a Military Police women with a clipboard say. "Okay, next. You."

"Krista Lenz, squad 42." Krista answers and they check her gear.

They already checked mine so I was just lazing around, having my gaze and bored stare go around everywhere.

Annie, Armin, and Connie started talking about which regiment they wanted to go to.

Then I had flashbacks to last night where we all, surviving cadets of The Battle of Trost, watched our dead comrades burn in front of us.

Surprisingly, Jean said he wanted to join the Survey Corps and I already made that decision as well.

Only because, I needed to know more information about what the Scouts know, and that Eren might be a possible suspect who holds the power of the Founding Titan and the coordinate.

As we were all leaving, I see a few high-ranked Scouts look at me like they were talking behind my back, just like Reiner, Bertolt, and Annie. But I ignored it and went back to the cafeteria for lunch.

~~~~~~~~
🥀
~~~~~~~~

It was now the day where we get to choose which regiment we were joining. I stood next to Connie as all of us stood or sat there in silence.

"Which regiment are you joining?" I ask in a low and cold tone. "At this point, I don't know. What about you?" he ask and to that I put head down because he knows.

"Don't tell me you're still joining the Survey Corps. After everything that happened in Trost, how can you still have the guts to do that?" Connie asks in concern. "I told you Connie. Because I'm strong." I mimick my mom's words once again.

I honestly just strive on it.

Then we all look up to see Jean walking towards us.

"Jean! You're really joining the Survey Corps?" Armin asks. "Yeah." he responds.

"Why, all of a sudden? I mean... Aren't you scared?" Sasha says. "Huh? Of course I don't want to join the Survey Corps." Jean says cocking his head.