chapter 4

☆☆☆

☆☆☆

The arrow fits perfectly in the leg of the fake bull. Carla groans as she knew she missed again and Micheal chuckles.

"This is impossible." Carla says as she gets another arrow from her bag and aims the bow to her target.

"Your only what...four?... and you're already better then most hunters. Don't be so hard on yourself. And besides, you're the one who wanted to learn." Micheal said but Carla doesn't answer but focuses her aim on the fake bull again. She lets go of the string and the arrow flies. "Be lucky I'm even teaching you this, if your mom or dad found out I would totally be killed."

"Like they'd care..." Carla muttered quietly though Micheal heard loud and clear but chose not to say anything as Carla kept shooting her arrows. "Where did you learn how to do this anyways?" Carla asked and Micheal looks up at the sky and smiles.

"I came from a hunting village. Dauper Village. My family was filled with hunters and me and my younger sister learned how to use the bow and arrow at around your age but a little older. Anyways, she ended up joining the Military though died recently when going to the front lines in Marley." Micheal says while smiling bitterly but there was sadness hidden within his tone.

Carla stops her shooting of arrows to look at him for a second. "I'm sorry. My mom and dad are in the Military, too so they're never here." Carla says as she aims again.

"Ohhh, right. Speaking of the Military, my family got invited to a Marleyan restaurant. But... I'm not sure how I will take you and go at the same time... might have to cancel." Micheal says.

"Marleyan restaurant? What's that? Is that a type of food? I wanna go." Carla says.

"Only if your mom allows me. Though, I'm not sure if it's safe since your father is not doing so well right now." Micheal says and Carla's face scrunches up.

"My father? What did he do?" Carla says as she stops her aiming and looks up at Micheal.

"Oh, uh... nothing you need to worry about. When you get older it'll all make sense." Micheal says and Carla groans.