Suspicion (15)

(Eren's POV)

🥀

🥀

It was night time and all of Levi Squad were drinking tea, including me. It was silent for a few moments until Levi spoke up.

He brought up about how the expedition was being pushed back. Then the others started to discuss about how the new recruits that choose the Regiment would have to come on the expedition.

They were saying how ever since The Battle of Trost, there was no way they could get lots of new recruits.

I was paying attention and kind of was not at the same time. I just thought it was boring old work stuff until Levi brought something that caught my attention.

"Commander Erwin says he is going to try and persuade a cadet that he wants in our Squad." Levi spoke bluntly and my attention immediately shot up.

"Huh? Who is it?" Petra asks. "Erwin discussed that if they decide to want to join the Scout Regiment, they will be put with us. The reports of her said in The Battle of Trost she killed almost 20 Titans and managed to get a whole neighborhood evacuated. Only placing 3rd in the top ten cadets." Levi explained.

"Twenty Titans? Only 3rd place?" Gunther questions. "Supposedly." Levi responded.

"Great, more young brats to take care of." Oluo scoffed and Petra flicked his temples.

Then I thought to myself, Who could it be? It could be someone totally different from another cadet corp. Or... could it be Mikasa? No... She got 1st. The person who got 3rd is... Y/n. And my eyes subconsciously widen with me not realizing it.

"Oi, what's with the face?" Levi asks. "U-Uh. Well uhm... Is the cadet you guys are trying to recruit, Y/n?" I ask.

Levi was about to answer until I heard a loud bang on the door. Petra opens the door and I see Hanji.... That crazy women from when I met her at the cell...

~~~~~~~~~
🥀
~~~~~~~~~

(Armin's POV)

I was eating lunch in the cafeteria with Mikasa. Y/n wasn't sitting with us today because she went to go clean up her 3DMG along with some other cadets and Garrison Soldiers so it was just me and Mikasa.

Usually we would talk a lot but right now I didn't want to talk because I was thinking a lot. A lot about y/n.

Not in a romantic way, not that. But what I noticed about her. One time on our first year of being cadets, she fell asleep in the cafeteria and Eren was playing around with her ring while she slept. But one surprising thing we found out about the ring is that there was a blade inside.

Then in The Battle for Trost, she put that same ring on her finger looking more worried than before even though she was only on the decoy team.

Another is that when we were about to be blown up by the HE shell cannon, Y/n didn't have her blades up like Mikasa but she had them to her palms. Almost like she was about to do self inflicted harm.

And also when Eren started to get angry at his dad for keeping the basement a secret, she tried defending Me. Jaeger. A man that she does not know.

And this got me thinking; does Y/n have the same abilities as Eren? And not only that; does she also know the secrets of the Titans and the walls? Could she be allies with the Colossal and Armored Titan? Is she trying to kill humanity from the inside-

"Armin?!"

I look up to see Mikasa looking at me in concern. I didn't realize it but I was shaking and having wide eyes.

"Armin. Are you okay?" Mikasa asks. "Sorry, I am fine. Just thinking too hard." I try to smile.

Her face returns to her normal blunt face and I can finally stop the act. As I was about to start thinking again it was cut off by someone sitting next to me.

"I'm back."

It was y/n. I almost pissed my pants from her presence.

"You have eye bags. Are you okay? Looks like you haven't gotten sleep." Mikasa asks.

"Yeah, actually. I did an all-nighter last night. I couldn't sleep." y/n responds.

Me and Mikasa give her a confused look.

"All-nighter? What is that?" I ask and her eyes widened by quickly looked back to normal.

"Oh. It's a term I made up. Where you don't sleep, I call it an all-nighter." she smiled lightly. "Oh. All-nighter." Mikasa says and then quickly back to eating her food and I went back to thinking.

Another reason: she is using unusual slang. I don't know who you are y/n. But one things for sure; you're suspicious.

~~~~~~~~~
🥀
~~~~~~~~~