Bystander

Jean, Eren, and Armin watch as Queen Historia and y/n chase kids around at Queen Historia's newly made orphanage.

"Isn't this...?" Jean says.

"Yeah... Not quite the Queen I was expecting." Armin finishes.

"At least y/n is helping..." Eren added as he watched y/n's h/l h/c hair bounce in the wind and the burgundy corduroy dress flowed against the grass.

"It's only been two months since she was crowned. Seems she better suited to run an orphanage with y/n." Jean says.

"Do you know what people are calling them? The Cattle-Farming Goddess and The Goddesses' Right-hand. In a good way, of course." Armin says.

"So we've finally got two goddess among us. At this rate, no one will remember the chump who plugged up Trost, yeah?" Jean stupidly smiles at Eren.

"One of the reasons Historia decided to become Queen was... to do all this. Y/n was kind enough to show charity." Eren says.

"This, meaning?" Armin asks.

"Taking care of the orphans and needy from the underground to the edge of the walls. Since Captain was raised in the underground, he supported her. When people need help, she said she'll be to their rescue, no matter who or where." Eren says.

"Oh? You're slacking again! It's getting dark you know!" Historia says with y/n walking up behind her with a baby in her arms.

Eren and y/n started walking together. Eren was being all stoic and quiet. Probably because he was exhausted and tired and a lot of things were on his mind but y/n was smiling while playing with the baby in her arms.

"You must really like babies." Eren said.

"Mhm, mhm, mhm!" y/n cheerfully hummed. "What are you doing? Huh? Hey...!" she cooed as she played with the baby more. "So how has you're hardening experiments been going?"

"Good. What about yours? Are you building endurance yet?" Eren asks.

"Yeah... We're going to have to see them again..." y/n's smile fades into a frown.

"Yeah..."

Out of no where, Connie and Mikasa come up infront of them.

"Y/n. You must be tired from experiments let me take this." Connie says with a stupid smile as he takes the baby and starts running away.

"Hey! Wait! Connie?!" y/n scowled and started running after Connie.

Eren was so distracted by the scene he didn't even realize Mikasa already took his things, "Hey! Wait! Mikasa, you need to stop thinking I am a feeble old man!"

~*~

"We can beat em'! With the new weapons, the Titans will crumble like paper!" Marlo said.

They were currently in the cafeteria having dinner. Y/n boredly slumps in her seat as she here's Eren 2.0 goes on and on about how he can beat all the Titans.

"He kinda' sounds like you." y/n bluntly says to Eren.

"Huh? No..." Eren blushes in embarrassment.

"Marlo are you stupid?"

"She has feelings for you..."

"Bowl-cut imbecile."

"Wait are you guys talking about him and Hitch?" y/n asks.

"Yep. He's dense." Sasha says.

Y/n laughs which startles some of them because they don't really hear something like that from y/n, "Marlo... You really activated virgin mode."

"PFFFT." Connie almost spat out his food and Sasha started cackling very very weirdly...

"Why? Marlo said nothing wrong." Eren says.

"Anyways, the only ones as worked up as you are the recruits with zero battle experience." y/n says with her laugh slowly fading back to her stoic-ness.

"Whoa, whoa... Think you're some veteran hero now?" some guy with strawberry hair said.

"Compared to you, I am, horseface 2.0." y/n said and Connie and Sasha tried their hardest to not laugh while Armin held Jean back from beating up y/n.

"How rude. Weren't we in the 104th together? Besides we're not the only ones. Everyone is pumped to the idea of taking back Wall Maria." the strawberry haired dude said.

"Is that so?" Y/n asks.

"Still, you all do seem different now. It's your faces, I guess... What... exactly happened." the guy said.

"Wanna know?" Jean asks.

"No... I think... I'll ask later." and him and his goons walked away.

"I'm outta here. See you later." Connie said while standing up.

"Eh? So soon?" Sasha says.

"Tomorrow's prep day, so I am heading to my village." Connie says.

"Speaking of that I'm coming too. But I can't stay long at the village for long. I don't think I can bare to see Mrs. Springer like that." y/n says as she stands up with Connie and they walk away.

~*~

Y/n just received news that they might know someone who was acquaintances with Grisha Jaeger so y/n left Ragako Village to meet up with the others at none other than the Cadet Corps.

"Before Erwin, he was the 12th commander of the Scout Regiment. It's been a long while since I've seen him." Hanji explains.

Apparently, Eren found Keith in his father's memories so Eren and the others are going to talk to Keith.

They all sat there in Keith Shadis' office staring eagerly at him for anything; a long pregnant silence.

"What's wrong, Braus? Not sitting?" Keith asks.

"No! I am quite fine standing here!" Sasha yelled.

"If I recall... Back in the day I used to call you out here to chew you out. And it's only been a handful of months. I hardly recognize you all anymore." Keith said.

"Commander Shadis... We came here to talk to you today." Hanji said.

Keith than looks at Eren as Eren scowls at him with a glare.

"Eren. You resemble your mother so much." Keith said and it made Eren's glare soften. "However, the fangs lurking deep in your eyes are surely your father's."

"Tell me about him! Everything you know!" Eren orders.

Keith went on about his backstory and relationship with his mother and father. About how he found Grisha outside the walls, Grisha married the love of his life, and only thought special people deserve to be there; giving a reason to why he quit being the Commander of the Survey Corps. It was a sad story, really. But even after all that, they still didn't have any clue to what the truth was.

But what struck a cord at y/n heart was the fact that Carla, Eren's mom, said that he didn't need to be someone special, because he was already special for being born into this world.

Y/n started wondering if she was someone special... or a mere bystander.

Who knows really...