New Beginnings

Eren sits on the grass of the house the Scout Regiment was hiding him, y/n, and Historia in as he watches the sun set.

Orange, yellow, red, blue. The colors perfectly blended together like colors mixing on a canvas. Eren tries to distract himself to the incident that happened a few weeks ago.

"I'm sorry... Do I know you?"

Eren clenched his teeth and fist as the words and memories rang through his head.

How was that possible? How could she forget? Eren thought.

The door then opened.

"Eren."

Eren looks behind him to see Mikasa.

"What is it?" he asked.

"They are finally releasing y/n from her insubordination cell time." Mikasa says.

Eren's eyes widen slightly.

"Why are they releasing her so early?" Eren asked.

"I'm not sure. I just thought you wanted to see Hanji and Levi take her out. I am sure you want to see her." Mikasa says.

She then walks away leaving the Titan-shifter boy digesting what she told him.

He got up and went inside the house. The new Squad Levi recruits aka Sasha, Connie, Jean, Armin, Mikasa, and Historia were all fooling or lounging around in the kitchen.

He opened the door to the underground area of the house that held all the cells and saw Hanji and Levi talking with each other by the stairs.

"Ahh! Eren! Came to see her today, didn't you!" Hanji greeted cheerfully.

"Yes. Mikasa told me you guys were releasing her today... I was wondering why. And of course, I wanted to see her." Eren answered.

"We will discuss why later with the others. For now, we are getting her out of her cell." Levi responded.

They then entered the chamber rooms to all the cells.

There, Eren saw y/n for the first time ever since the incident where they were almost kidnapped.

She had white clothing on that was dirty and bloody while having messy hair and a dirty and face. She was sitting down on the floor while looking down in humiliation.

She looked up from the floor and her gaze went to Eren.

Despite her being in a terrible looking state, Eren still loves her and everything about her. Maybe she may have forgotten about him but that didn't stop him.

"Hey, y/n! How are you doing? Are you feeling okay?" Hanji asked while getting the cell keys to unlock the cell door.

"I'm... doing okay." y/n answered with her voice quiet and sweet and so fragile it makes Eren's heart beat faster.

"You're being released. Get up." Levi ordered and y/n got up.

Levi released the metal cuffs from y/n's wrists and she followed them.

"Eren. Show y/n her room and tell her to get herself cleaned up and change. After she is done, we will have a meeting at the dining table. Understood?" Levi ordered.

"Yes, sir." Eren answered.

Levi and Hanji departed ways with Eren and y/n and it was only them.

There was an awkward silence between them but Eren glaced at y/n every so often.

They finally reached their destination.

"So uhm... This is your room. The shower is two rooms over on the left and clothes should be in there." Eren said awkwardly.