The 57th Expedition (18)

🥀

🥀

I look up and see a smoke round of green. The Commander changed our course.

"Smoke round. Green. Oluo, you fire it." Levi commands. "Roger." Oluo then shoots a smoke round in the air.

"Reporting! Message to pass along! Right flank recon has been destroyed! Our recon system is partially inoperative. Pass this on, to the left." a Scout says and me and Eren both have scared looks on our faces because Armin is apart of the right flank.

"Did you hear that, Petra? Go." Levi orders "Roger." and Petra took off.

Armin is in the right flank but he is still a little bit towards the center... So he should be fine if he had enough time to get out of there. Reiner and Jean are also close to the right flank too...

But my thinking was cut off when I looked up in the sky to see black smoke. An Aberrant was near.

"A black smoke round? Aberrants?" Eren says to himself. "Eren, you fire it." Levi commands.

"R-Right!" Eren says and he shoots a black smoke round in the air.

But for some reason... Something felt off. How could an Aberrant possibly get so close into the formation? Even I, a rookie, can defeat one. And we were in the safest spot in the formation.

I now looked at the direction we were heading; the Forest of Giant Trees.

Well this is going to be fun.

~~~~~~~~
🥀
~~~~~~~~

"Captain... Captain Levi!" Eren calls out. "What?" Levi asks in annoyance.

"Well... We're in the middle of the woods! If the center enters alone, we won't know if Titans are approaching!" Eren points out and I roll my eyes. "Eren, look around. This is the Special Operations Squad, with Maneuver Gear, in a forest with ridiculously big trees. Who do you think has the advantage? Us or the Titans?" I say with a hint of frustration and annoyance to my friends stupidity.

"I..." Eren stuns. "Listen to your friend. Think if you don't want to die." Levi responds bluntly and Eren only nods.

But I can't blame Eren, I have absolutely no idea why we are in the forest. Although the right flank is wiped out, I don't think it will hurt the formation that much to have to go through a forest.

But then again, I have more brauns than brains so I just thought it was a thing for Captain Levi to not tell us what is happening.