03 | Help me win this war

Chapter three

Chapter three

For the rest of the day, Jungkook had the opportunity to see the omega only two times, every each of them he tried to pull out the secret he was hiding so stubbornly from him. The boy simply dismissed all of his desperate pleas and ignored him, as if he were just an empty space. Jungkook felt ashamed of himself. He was literally that close to the end of his journey, and when the answer finally came knocking on his door, this boy shut him down with a flick of his fingers.

He couldn't go back to his pack and face them with empty hands, that would be more of a torture than having his head chopped off his shoulders. He promised them salvation, lured his forlorn pack members in fake beliefs and hopes, only to return and see the disappointment written on their faces.

In the morning, before the sun had raised high up in the blue sky, the omega came to him with a bag of supplies, small satchel packed with some food and water. He released the alpha and guided him over the door, pointing his silver dagger at his back while leading him out of the cabin. The alpha found his actions for pointless. He wasn't going to hurt him or anything of that sort, it was clear the boy wouldn't give up without a fight, and his alpha rank was useless either way.

Jungkook blinked a few times when the first rays of the morning sun hit him in the face, blinding his vision. Birds sang merry melodies to each other and the songs resonated sweetly around the forest. There he saw all of his belongings - a plain, tarnished gray in color armor, his katana sword neatly stuffed in its leather case embroidered with the symbols of his pack, and other important things he had brought with himself on his little journey.

"What are you waiting for?" The omega's tone was everything but soft, and Jungkook felt like turning around and smacking him in the face for having the nerves to growl in his direction. "Grab your things and leave."

The raven-haired male heaved a sigh and strode down the porch where his accessories were placed, putting on his armor and throwing the bag of supplies over his shoulder. He glanced at the awaiting omega who was glaring daggers at him, obviously impatient to see him leave. Jungkook's eyebrows were scrunched up in a doubtful grimace, the building curiosity was urging every single nerve in his body to ask the omega for answers.

The blonde boy noticed the change in his behavior and raised up an eyebrow, as if he were telling him to spit it out.

"Please" Jungkook looked up at him with pleading eyes, warm brown orbs piercing through his soul and melting his heart. Begging was a low trick to pull out, but it was everything he got. He had to swallow down his own alpha pride and accept the current circumstances. If he wanted a way out of the war, he had to sacrifice himself before everything else. "My people are dying out, packs are being taken down. Our last hope is the true blood alpha. If you know anything about him, just a small hint, then say it."

Jungkook knew he hit a sensitive spot, the omega's strong glare vanished without a trace, being replaced with something vulnerable. The blonde boy looked down at his feet, wearing a thoughtful look on his beautiful face, and the alpha wondered what might be going on inside his pretty head.