21 | A new friend?

Chapter twenty-one

Chapter twenty-one

"Are you sure these aren't your favorite flowers?" Jimin whined, voice high and mannerisms very unnecessary as he followed Yoongi up the grassy hill.

He held a small bouquet of yellow flowers in his outstretched hand, using a thin string to tie them together. He found them pretty – delicate and bright – just like the person who was supposed to have them.

"Yes, Jimin. My favorite flowers are daises, and these are daffodils." Yoongi didn't try to hide the bored indifference in his tone, apparently uninterested in Jimin's weak attempts of courting.

The hopeful smile on the alpha's handsome face slowly faltered and he had to look away in order to save himself the shame of exposure.

"Where is the difference?" He asked, hoping his voice wouldn't crack under the pressure of the dry lump that had magically got stuck in his throat. Never in his years had Jimin choked up over what to say. He hadn't obtained his self-proclaimed designation of a flimflam for nothing. Speaking was his best knack. Yet Yoongi always managed to prove him how wrong he was.

"Daises are white, daffodils are yellow." The omega corrected, his chestnut brown eyes were locked on the small bouquet in Jimin's chubby hand, low-key getting fond of the alpha's kind gesture, but not bothering enough to show off his gratitude.

The alpha wanted to cry out in frustration, so annoyed at himself and his little knowledge of botany. He'd never heard Yoongi saying that his favorite flowers were daisies. Besides, there were so many variations of flowers, how was he supposed to learn all of them?

"Okay, I'll try to be correct next time." Jimin promised, ready to toss the dandelions in the nearest bin along with the embarrassing memories.

"There is no such a thing as next time, Jimin." Yoongi said, a soft sigh escaping from his pinkish lips as he shook his head dismissively.

"But-" The alpha felt how his heart dropped down to his feet, an urge to throw up suddenly built up in his stomach and he found himself unable to skid his eyes away from the omega's face.

"I have to go." Yoongi retorted, pulling out a lame attempt of a smile before turning his back to Jimin and walking away, leaving the alpha utterly speechless.

Jimin wanted to cry at his own miserable fate. He stood paralyzed in the middle of the woods, watching how the omega's figure slowly disappeared between the trees, leaving him only with the lingering scent of sweets and mint.

"Seems like you have a little problem there." A very familiar voice pulled him out of his depressing thoughts.

Of all the people Jimin expected to see, he wasn't one of them for sure. It irritated him that he didn't sense the smell of strawberries sooner. Though the intruder was an omega, he still needed to stay more alert than he just was. The alpha blamed his negligence on exhaustion.