28 | Kiss and Make up

Chapter twenty-eight

It had been a couple of days since the attack. Everything started to change slowly, and even though the pack members tried to live on the fullest and act like nothing had happened, the tension was there. The warriors' practice schedule was longer than the usual, everyone put ten times more efforts in their training, more wolves were positioned to patrol around the pack's territory, especially at night because the risk of an attack was higher.

As for Jungkook and Taehyung, things between them were everything but good. They hadn't spoken to each other since that day. The omega stubbornly avoided any sort of interaction with him, and it pained Jungkook because he wanted to be there for Taehyung. He wasn't an idiot; it was obvious to him and to the rest of their friends that the omega was struggling to deal with the drastic change of the events. After all he couldn't just stay indifferent to the occurrence he was met with the killer of his mate.

Jungkook was willing to do everything if that meant he would be blessed to see the boxy smile that adored Taehyung's pretty face. He would bring down the stars for him, burn the world to ashes and kill every wolf who dared to speak badly about his rank. Hell, the omega had changed Jungkook so much in the matter of months. Back then before they had met, he would never consider an omega as equal. Jungkook was ashamed of his past self, he was so blinded by the pride and power that he didn't try to see what was beyond someone's rank.

Regret was there to invite him to view past events through different perspectives than the ones he had at the time, in the action of the moment. It was this creative perspective talking that grew his emotional intelligence and gave him greater maturity.

Regret was a learning tool. We let it educate us so that we could move on into a better future.

***

Hot summer sunsets brought an orange sky as if it were all one giant star. The weather ignited passions, sending Taehyung's internal blaze into overdrive. A newly radiant sun stepped forth from the springtime, wrapping the hills in her warm and brilliant rays.

Summer came fast, as music turned up to full volume. The sky blazed orange and the sun was a celebration of yellow, free, and bright. The trees rose to the occasion, donning their best verdant hues, and everywhere were the flowers, the scattered rainbow that they were.

Between the paving stones came blooms so bold and tall, giving of their aroma to the summer-infused breeze. For these seeds of humble size and hue were the ninjas of the botanical world, born to shout loud of their graffiti-petaled beauty.

Taehyung was watching the trees, how they swayed in a warming breeze. It was that time when summer began to blossom into something the body felt as much as the brain, when the emotions caught their thermal updrafts.

After another grueling practice, he decided to take a small break before he had to head back to the camp for dinner. Due to the combination of the vast summer's swarth of heat and the intense spout of bodily exercise, the omega could feel rosaries of sweat rolling down from his hairline.