17 | Mystery of love

Chapter seventeen

Chapter seventeen

April appeared faster than Jungkook hoped for, almost whole three months had passed, each second that time flew forwards he felt like he was trying to control a riot. It had been officially three months since that fateful night in the forest where he was met with the most outstanding and stubborn omega in the world.

Their relationship with Taehyung was slowly developing – from strangers to familiars, and from familiars to friends.

The pack members started to accept the omega as one of them, too. It was a slow process that took a lot of time and trust to build up, but it was all worth it. Taehyung met with a few omegas, got closer to Jungkook's friends, and appeared fiercer in the soldiers' eyes with every day passing by.

Taehyung was ruthless. Where general Lee Yumi typically stuck to gentler and more positive tactics, this omega had no mercy on the soldiers as they went through their training every day. For such a small, unimposing looking person, he was absolutely terrifying.

His voice was deep and severe, and his lone eye was sharp and watchful. The wolves felt themselves trembling as he moved through his sword strikes, but it wasn't from muscle fatigue. This time, it was from realization and fear. They all knew full well that they were offering themselves up to go to war when they joined the pack's army, but the way in which Taehyung spoke and carried himself really solidified in them that they were going to war. Bloody, deadly, destructive war.

Nevertheless, their private lessons with Jungkook continued. The omega insisted he would be taught individually and separately from the rest of the wolves.

And so, it went. Jungkook increased his efforts tenfold in all his training to try to gain the omega's attention, to no avail. The positive outcome of this was that Jungkook improved a lot in his skills, dead set on reclaiming the constant attention of a certain intractable omega. He found some kind of solace in his achievements, but he would feel so much more successful if he didn't constantly feel invisible. Seokjin and Jimin offered their praise and comment often on how his body was filling out, how he was becoming so skilled, and all manner of things they found his improvement in.

He loved and appreciated it, but it simply didn't fill the emptiness he felt at the complete lack of recognition from Taehyung.

Oh, and let's not forget the responsibility Jungkook had to carry on his shoulders. Every night he would pray to his ancestors silently that he was up to the task set before him. He knew it was an enormous honor, an enormous responsibility to be handed the weight of shaping brand new alphas and betas into successful soldiers. Having Taehyung by his side was a big plus because the omega did his job almost brilliantly without any flaws or omissions. Any failure would be amplified by the fact that many of his fellow soldiers already though he was undeserving of his position.

It would reflect badly on his father's name. Some considered being the alpha's first son and second in command of this pack was an enormous accomplishment and honor, something to be revered and admired. Truthfully, Jungkook though it was hell. He was terrified of letting his father down, bringing disgrace to everything he had built up.