10 | Nightmares and unwanted help

Chapter ten

Chapter ten

"I will always love you, f-forever."

Taehyung's eyes flew open as he felt his body being shaken awake. He could feel a pair of hands reach beneath him to hoist him up into a sitting position before his brain could process where he was and why he was drenched in cold sweat.

He turned his head towards the source of the hand that was supporting his back, only to find Jungkook kneeling beside him, wearing a very worried expression.

"Are you alright?" He asked quietly because Jimin was sleeping right next to them on the mossy ground.

Judging by the way his body was quivering so violently in the alpha's hold, he was everything but alright. It took a long second to blink away the fires that still burnt in his vision, still melted away at his skin, but soon enough he could see Jungkook's face looking down at him in the darkness. 

Taehyung's nightmares always ended with him waking up in a panic, struggling to breathe. The years waking up alone would always be the hardest nights of his life, when all he could possibly crave were the warm arms of his mate. Instead, he got nothing but cold silence amid the darkness.

But now.

Now, you aren't alone.

The omega looked around his surroundings, disoriented. He saw tall trees, starry night sky and dying embers of a campfire. Cold sweat was running down his nape and forehead, his breathing was a bit ragged and he needed some time to calm down before gathering up the strength to speak again.

"I'm okay." Taehyung stuttered, even though he noticed the disapproving looks Jungkook was sending his way.

"You don't look okay, pup." The alpha said, placing his warm hand flat on his forehead.

Taehyung fought back the soft purr in his throat, eyes growing heavy with the desire to submit at the call of his little nickname. The term of endearment soothed him in ways he hated and desired, creating a cloak of their affections he only laid with when he felt too weak to fight back.

"I'm fine, Jungkook. Stop it." The omega tried again, moving backwards to increase the distance between them. Just now he came to realize that Jungkook wasn't in his wolf form like he used to be few hours ago. He trailed his gaze down to the alpha's body, feeling how his cheeks heated up at the sinful sight. "J-Jungkook, you're naked."

The alpha became aware of the fact he was completely naked without a single layer of cloth to cover up his body. He lowered his head in embarrassment, his ears acquiring a bright shade of red. "S-sorry, I couldn't wake you up in my wolf form, s-so I had to shift back." He mentally scolded himself for stuttering in front of the omega.

Taehyung shook his head quickly and took off the leather coat he was wrapped in, handing it to Jungkook. "Here, put it on." He said with his hand outstretched for the alpha to take the cloth, meanwhile looking at the other side to avoid eye contact.