18 | Asking for advice

Chapter eighteen

Chapter eighteen

"I want to court Taehyung."

That was the first thing Jungkook said to his friend, Jimin, after practically barging in his room without even bothering to knock on the door.

The short alpha nearly stumbled backwards and dropped down a bouquet of lilac flowers, eyes wide and composure startled.

"The Hell, Jungkook?" He shouted at his friend, clearly showing that the thin walls built up around his patience were soon going to crumble down.

Jungkook ignored the frantic question and instead of answering it, he focused his attention on something rather more appealing. The bouquet of flowers that was now ruined and scattered on the wooden floor.

"I see Yoongi still doesn't accept your courting gifts." Jungkook tried to bite back a snicker as he watched Jimin's cheeks tint pink from the topic change.

Everyone around the pack knew about Jimin's love affair. He was so whipped for the cute omega Min Yoongi. Sadly, he never accepted alphas' courting gifts, it would be a wonder to even get him interested in something. Jimin, however, blindly believed that he would win the boy's heart, no matter how much of a clown he would make himself beforehand.

Jungkook always loved the idea of the two of them together, knowing they'd be such compatible mates. Unfortunately, Jimin wasn't well versed in the art of courting or love in general. It was nearly painful to watch him interact with the omega. Especially when Jungkook could see the attraction between them growing day by day.

It was indeed surprising because Jimin was interpreted as the most cold and bratty alpha in the pack. He had a reputation to maintain. He would look intimidating and rude in people's eyes, but deep down he was a helpless romantic.

"Shut up." Jimin shrugged the comment off, trying to fight the flush threatening to take over his body. It was obvious he adored the omega, but the idea of gaining enough traction in their current relationship was overwhelming.

He bent down and carefully scooped the bouquet in his arms, putting it aside. "Why are you here? Isn't it too late for a pillowtalk?" Jimin asked and cut his eyes to the closed window, seeing the starry night sky.

Jungkook released a soft breath, fists clenching repeatedly at his sides as he tried to calm down his compulsive heartbeat. He had been overthinking this conversation for the last three hours. And when he finally thought he was ready to face his best friend and spit it all out, a sudden lump lodged in his throat and tongue-tied him.

Jimin was like a brother to him, his closest person and best alley. Jungkook would never try to hide something from him because the need to share all his insecurities and doubts would eat him up till he finally felt the last spicks of energy draining out of him. Or...put it all together, let's just say that Jungkook wasn't that type of a person who would prefer to keep things to himself and not share them with someone.