05 | First day of Hell

Chapter five

Chapter five

Taehyung was, in the most censored way possible, a pain in the ass. He was the most annoying, stubborn and picky omega Jungkook had ever seen in his young life. The boy forced him out of the bed far too early for his liking and before he had the chance to do his morning routine, he was already running through the woods in his human form. Yes, you heard him right. Alphas were physically stronger when they were in their wolf form. They were faster and their senses were ten times sharper than usual.

Back in the past their ancestors used to shift in human form only when they were threatened to be exposed to the civilization. Nowadays they turned into wolves only when it came to hunting or protecting the pack. They still lived in forests and preferred to stay separated from the humans, just because it was safer, and their freedom was guaranteed.

By the end of his run, the sun was high enough not to be directly in his eyes and orange mellowed to blue over the mountains. To his utter mortification and embarrassment, Taehyung was already out there on the porch, watching him with a very displeased look.

Jungkook mentally cursed, and he could hear the omega's annoying voice ringing in his head, predicting what he was about to say. He hadn't even gotten through his first day and he was already a dead man.

"Why do I have to do this?" the alpha shouted, slowly dragging his half-dead corpse over him, a sharp pain coursed through his body and he had to gulp down his grunts.

After well over an hour, he was close to crying out of frustration; his body hurt almost everywhere, and he still felt the acidic burn of humiliation itching in his throat. He may not have been punished, but he was made a fool, a weak fool in front of this dainty omega.

"I want to taste your physical strength." Taehyung pointed out, having his arms crossed over his chest as he wrapped his long robe tighter around his small frame, protecting himself from the cold wheather.

"And how am I doing?" Jungkook asked, really hoping to hear something different today. He was tired of the boy's sarcastic comments and non-stop criticizing.

Too bad, luck wasn't on his side. When had it ever been?

"Awful." The omega answered directly, no trace of doubtfulness on his face.

Jungkook had to bite back a disappointed groan. Sweat was running down his back and forehead, his muscles were aching from the pressure and he was a little breathless from the long run. If he hated being in human form normally, it was nothing compared to what he felt now.

"Where is the point in this? Am I going to challenge the true blood on a high-mile run or something?" The alpha seethed beneath his breath.

"Training your human part is also very important!" The omega argued back. His voice was edging, climbing to frustration, too, and Jungkook whole-heartedly enjoyed the petulance with which the reciprocity brought him satisfaction.