25 | Memories

Chapter twenty-five

Chapter twenty-five

The sunrise came as if it had missed the sky and wanted nothing more than to warm up those blues to a radiant gold. After a long cold night, the daybreak brought glimmers of warmth. The golden light softly caressed the land and ignited the birds into a chorus of melodies.

The new day, the new sky, the water, and the land - ever the same and ever evolving - the embodiment of the moment and the eternal entwined.

Sunlight streamed golden through the kitchen window in a well-mannered announcement of the risen sun. The curtains added an orange glow to the morning light, shimmering rainbow hued onto the wall - the greatest of nature's graffiti.

Taehyung was standing in his kitchen, frazzled, as he stirred stew in one pot, had a marinade for meat halfway mixed, had at least a dozen fruits and vegetables out on the chopping board, and, also had a pan of burnt garlic bread cooling down on the table.

The kitchen was a mess.

But at least on the table was a freshly baked and frosted strawberry cake.

He woke up early this morning to prepare breakfast but got so taken away and now here he was – experimenting with his cooking skills. There was a cookery book laying on the counter, its pages were covered in flour.

Taehyung was so focused on his job that he didn't notice when his sleepy mate had entered the room and wrapped his arms around his waist from behind, giving him the warmest back hug ever.

The omega sighed softly and let his hands rest for a second, the batter was smeared against his tan cheek and his apron had turned into a canvas of colorful patterns.

Soojin blinked, still tired and trying to process what was happening. Then it all came back, and he buried his face in the crook of Taehyung's neck where a mate mark stood proudly on display.

"What's my little tiger doing so early in the morning?" He mumbled against the omega's shoulder, taking in the sweet aroma of strawberries and vanilla that lulled him to sleep. The alpha's voice was as pure and sweet as if from heaven, causing the boy in his arms to relax immediately.

A pair of plump lips attached itself on Taehyung's neck, and he tried not to chuckle. He really did, but the melodious sound escaped from his mouth and he found himself unable to resist the gentle touches of his mate.

"Breakfast." He answered shortly, tilting his head to the side to reveal more of his neck, unconsciously gripping the kitchen counter in his hands.

"Doesn't seem like breakfast to me, little tiger." With those effortless syllables spewed from a honey-drenched tongue, Taehyung could feel his heart imploding, the components of the organ tearing at the seams and separating throughout his body, disturbing his respiratory system, and canoodling with the ideal of tarnishing the pattern it had attempted to uphold.