15 | Alphas can be good, too

Chapter fifteen

"So, he is the omega everyone is talking about."

"Yes, that's him." Jungkook nodded, not really knowing what else to add, though he felt the insatiable need to add something, wanting to keep the conversation flowing.

Said boy raised his gaze almost instantly at the mention of his rank, his cheeks glaring a pretty pink color, his blur of blonde hair falling over those sublime lashes of his.

"And he will be training my army?" Yumi questioned, her brow raised while her eyes scoured over every inch of Taehyung's position; contemplated the exact measurements of his face, seemed to overlook every edge, every crevice of skin, every single thread that bounded together the mysterious mess that Kim Taehyung was.

Her hair was captured in a sleek French twist, baby pink lips pressed together in a thin line. Conventional beauty cladded in business casual went against Taehyung's expectations for a place like this, but it garnered a little more of his respect.

The omega felt cold all over as he made out the woman in front of him: she was tall, almost as tall as Jungkook himself. A silver-blade sword rested particularly nicely along her hips, her posture was strong and powerful, the heavy smell of lavender and musk reeked out of her.

It was a little disquieting how beautiful she was, despite her obviously flawed features. Her hair was red, red like fire, red like passion, red like Hell. Taehyung thought perhaps she had sold her skin to the devil in order to appear so enchanting.

Lee Yumi was an alpha woman and the general of the pack's army. She was unbelievably beautiful and strong, with sharp features and blazing fire in these brown orbs. Most of the wolves would bet she was the second strongest among them after the head alpha.

Jungkook yet again nodded his head in response, keeping his hands folded behind his back as he skidded his gaze across the nervous omega.

"I'm surprised to hear that your father actually agreed to this, Jungkook. The old man is either out of his mind or we're indeed desperate." Yumi continued, she didn't sound impatient, nor angry, just rather indifferent, as if nothing was of any particular importance to her. Still, Taehyung didn't wish to see this indifference transmogrify into a crepuscular example of aggression.

A river of toxins ran though those anomalous eyes, mountains bathing in unsaturated tastes, a yearning for something so risible, it almost seemed like a drizzling daydream as those eyes raked across Taehyung's fibres.

"I would say both." Jungkook said, the corners of his lips curled up in a small smile as he eyed the alpha that was standing at his right side. He'd known Yumi since they were kids, and she was probably the most admirable warrior in their pack. If they weren't that busy and occupied with work, he would gladly challenge her to have a quick fight. But they had more important things to take care of.