07 | Starry night

Chapter seven

Chapter seven

"Run, Taehyung!"

Taehyung startled awake, the screams of his mate still ringing in his head. For a moment, he was disoriented, expecting to still be in the middle of the woods, lying on the mossy ground with bugs crawling all over him but he was in his home, stretched out on his king-sized bed. His bed felt too big for just one person, the absence of another body pressed against his was painful, squeezing at his throat.

The omega looked around his surroundings, his eyes cut to the window, seeing the starry dark sky. It was probably few hours past midnight, the silence had stretched out until it was the only thing you could hear inside the quiet room.

Taehyung heaved out a sigh and brought his hand up to wipe off the sweat on his forehead, pushing back the blonde curls. He was a little bit shaken up from the dream, the memories were still fresh and vivid, repeating in his head. He couldn't go back to sleep, because his mind was going to be occupied with thoughts for the rest of the night. Instead of lying back down in the bed, he threw the blankets off himself and carefully stood up on his legs.

His bare feet hit the cold surface of the wooden floor, causing him to wince slightly. Taehyung reached out for his robe that was hanging on the wardrobe and wrapped it tightly around his small frame, making himself comfortable as he exited the bedroom. He saw how the door of Jungkook's room was a bit opened, a spark of curiosity built up inside his chest and he got closer to sneak a peek, only to find out the alpha was nowhere to be seen.

Taehyung's eyebrows raised up in a surprised grimace and he started to wander around the cabin. The alpha wasn't in the kitchen nor the bathroom, leaving him the only person remaining in the house. He tried to follow the scent of musk and rain, which led him outside of the cabin. There he saw the same raven-haired male he was looking for, standing a few meters away from him.

The alpha was doing some push-ups. His strong arms were pushing him up, over and over again, heavy pants leaving his parted baby pink lips. Sweat trickled down the sides of his face, the droplets rolling down his pale skin and falling onto the green grass beneath him.

"Oh my," Taehyung breathed, cutting into the middle of whatever the alpha was doing, but he didn't notice nor care, because in front of him stood the most astounding thing he'd ever seen.

Jungkook was shirtless.

The alpha was godly. His shoulders were broad, with sharp collar bones sloping gracefully over them. His torso and sides rippled with taut muscle at each slight movement, making Taehyung bite his lip to keep in a whine. The pants he was wearing didn't hang particularly low, but defined v-lines could be seen peeking over the waistband. His skin was smooth and pale, marred with little constellations of white scars, and his wavy black hair was pulled back into a small bun at the back of his head.

Jungkook forced himself up, arms weak and feeling like a jelly as he stood on his feet, wiping off the sweat from his forehead with a towel he had grabbed from the ground beside his water bottle. His breathing had slowed a little bit, but not enough to feel energized and ready for more training.