26 | Don't hold back

Chapter twenty-six

Chapter twenty-six

Pain unlike any other ripped through Taehyung's heart, teared it to shreds. It was worse than all the wounds he had suffered. It blinded him, eyes flashing bright blue as he bored holes into the wolf that stood in front of him.

Revenge.

For taking his lover from him.

His mate.

This lame excuse of an alpha deserved to die in the most painful way possible for all the lives he had taken away, for all the families he had ruined, for the pups he had left without parents.

The feeling of warm spray of blood flecking across Taehyung's face wasn't one that he particularly reveled in and the unmistakable crack of a broken neck wasn't a sound that he compared to angels. The clammy hand of death wasn't one he was eager to hold, and the copper taste of blood wasn't something he sought out. No.

Knowing that the lives he ended were ones that made the other's lives miserable gave Taehyung a reassurance.

Raw anger nearly consumed his body and mind, thrummed through his veins, and quickened his blood. Taehyung growled, the sound so loud and feral that even the alphas were put to shame.

Never had he felt anger evaporate from him at such rate before. It was startling to him and he didn't particularly know what to do as the conflict grew inside him.

The true blood stared back at the white wolf, confused, not quite understanding what was happening. Perhaps he was too shocked by the fact an omega had just growled at him without cowering in fear like most would do. He didn't seem to realize who this omega exactly was or what he wanted from him.

Taehyung, on the other hand, knew this lingering acid scent of spoiled milk and blood by heart. A combination that was making even the freshest of flowers wither. It hurt his nostrils, damaged his innards, and caused a turmoil to form in his brain. The gore, the sick smell that coated his lungs as a rancid tar, felt reminiscent of nightmares he had felt so trapped within.

And then, as if someone had flicked a switch, the true blood backed away. His eyes didn't leave the omega's posture, keeping them there, still trying to put the boy into submission. When he saw that Taehyung didn't have any intentions of bowing his head at him, a growl rumbled in his chest, deep and guttural. its crimson red eyes shined like two bloody stars.

Just when the omega was about to lounge for his throat, a loud howl exempted from the true blood's mouth, resonating around the forest like a gong.

Taehyung didn't have the time to process what had just happened. The next thing he knew was how the true blood turned his back to him and ran into the woods, leaving a trail of faint steps for as far as the eye could see.

The omega didn't think twice before getting ready to run after him, but then another black wolf appeared in front of his sight and pounced on him, pushing him to the ground.