32 | Forever

Chapter thirty-two

Chapter thirty-two

The rays of the morning sun sipped in through the open window, painting the walls in beautiful shades of orange and yellow. The bright light filtered through Taehyung's thin eyelids, making him wake up from the land of dreams.

There was a warmth surrounding the omega's body. It took him a while to realize with his sleepy confusion, the reason he felt so hot. Jungkook's strong arm was draped over him, his back pressed against the alpha's hard chest.

The first detail of his day that Taehyung registered was the uncomely way his cheek sticked to his pillow. It was starchy, unpleasant, but he knew he needed to only peel his face away to free himself. So, he did just that, rolling to his back and groaning when his skin tugged free of the dried drool he had left on his sheets, only to realize how drenched his thighs and covers were with old slick and sweat.

His head felt flooded, and he had to blink roughly against the light peering in through the large windows. It couldn't be more than late morning, possibly nearing lunch time as he observed the view outside. If it wasn't for his pounding headache and aching limbs, he'd gain the energy to move towards the curtains and close them fully, but he much preferred the comfort of Jungkook's warmth for a few more minutes.

The alpha slowly started to drift awake as well, blinking groggily against the sleep in his eyes as the events from the previous night came rushing back, filling his chest with an unexplainable happiness. He gazed at the omega that was lying next to him, enjoying the view of his sun kissed skin and peaceful attire. Taehyung always looked absolutely stunning in the mornings, the light reflecting on him in a way that accentuated his best features.

The entire chamber was filled with strawberry perfume, Taehyung's pheromones drenching the area and he could already guess it was his heat that placed him in this groggy state.

"Morning..." Jungkook suddenly murmured from besides him, voice octaves lower than usual and it made the omega blush way more than he should – especially after so many days of non-stop sex and screams of immense pleasure.

Taehyung nodded like he was in a daze, his eyes glassy and unfocused as he tried to make sense of Jungkook's words. He brought his hand up to rub at the eye crusties that had gathered at the corners of his tired irises. The omega attempted to sit up, wincing when lingering pain vibrated down his body. It had been quite some time since a heat caused him this much agony.

"Are you okay?" Jungkook questioned, bolting up in the bed, senses alert and alpha instincts going rampant through his brain. He drew closer, eyes analyzing his frame like he was apt to find some issue with the omega.

"Just a bit drained." Taehyung responded weakly, shifting his body into a sitting position, curling an arm around his upset stomach. He hated the aftermath of every heat – where he was left exhausted and in pain. The ache in his body was dull, presenting, and uncomfortable. Having your heat after two years of unexplainable lapse could be definitely considered as a new, weird experience.