12 | To challenge an alpha

Chapter twelve

Chapter twelve

The four wolves marched up the winding maze of paths towards the front massive doors of the pack house where two guards were posted on each side of the entrance. Taehyung passed only a few people along the way, some of whom gave him curious glances, although no one intervened.

Upon seeing the face of their soon-to-be head alpha, the sentries immediately bowed their heads in respect and reached over to tug the handles, opening the doors.

Taehyung remained silent for the rest of the trip up, becoming more and more worried as the minutes increased. He knew if he didn't keep his emotions for himself the three alphas would be able to smell the distress in his scent. It was a damn labyrinth in here, with numerous doors and stairways and twists and turns. Finally, Jungkook opened one last door and the warm air engulfed his body in its tight embrace.

The omega stood behind him for most of the time, gazing at everything his curious eyes could lay on. There, in the center of the room, stood a tall man with cute dimples on each side of his face.

Jungkook casually walked across the marble floor towards the tall male, puffing his chest a little more authoritatively.

"Ah, Jungkook, it's been so long!" The stranger exclaimed. He had a bright smile, chocolate brown eyes and chestnut hair. His shoulders were broad and under the uniform with the pack's logo embroidered on it was hidden a muscular body. Surprisingly, he didn't have a scent, which led to the conclusion he was a beta.

Jungkook released a soft chuckle, the youthful smile appeared on his handsome face yet again and Taehyung found himself entranced by the sight of it. The sound was disgustingly warm and left increments of goo within the omega's butterfly-infiltrated stomach.

"It's good to see you, too, Namjoon hyung." He responded, a faux shyness adulterating his nonpareil configuration of facial features, his eyes lightly salted with happiness, while shielding the intense ambiguity within.

"I see you aren't alone. Who is the new guy?" And Taehyung made the mistake of looking up, his eyes graced with the sight of the joyful beta, with pixies consuming the irises of his eyes, crawling amongst the residue of rapture within. His ravishing face was attacked by marching bands of beatitude, while streamers of glace ran across his honeyed skin, a gorgeous smile besotting his plump lips, redolent of Adonis himself.

"Yeah...Taehyung is my friend. You'll have the time to get to know each other soon." Jungkook was wholeheartedly aware of the impact of this statement, the impact of any statement he made, in fact.

Four pairs of eyes were staring at the speechless omega. Namjoon was looking at him with so much affection, eyes seeming to glitter as he ran his gaze over Taehyung's entire body. The omega recoiled slightly, his hand was almost going to slip from Jungkook's hold, but the alpha was quick to squeeze it softly, reminding him that everything was alright.