40 | Finally at Home

Chapter forty

Chapter forty

Warm. It was really, really warm.

When Taehyung opened his eyes, the first thing he noticed was how there was light peeking through the thin, beige curtains covering the window opposite to the bed.

The next thing his sleepy mind registered was Jungkook's warm breath hitting the back of his neck, a gesture which sent shivers down his body at each exhale, his heavy arms tight around Taehyung's torso, locking him close; the way their bodies seemed to fit together just right, like puzzle pieces that found each other in the most unorthodox of ways.

The omega felt the steady rise of the alpha's chest: the calm beat of his heart. It was from that alone that he didn't need to lift his head to know that the other was awake. But he did anyway, because it was Jungkook – and he would take any chance to look at the alpha.

Jungkook's eyes trailed down to him when he did, and fondness swam through them. It would never fail to make Taehyung's heart swell when he watched those eyes sparkle in the lowest lights of a room, especially when the gaze was trained on him.

"Morning," Jungkook murmured affectionately, kissing at the omega's temple. Taehyung squirmed in his hold, overwhelmed with love. "You look so cute when you wake up."

Taehyung wished to scoff at the comment. He hardly felt cute; his eyes were still heavy as an incessant reminder that he could use some more sleep and his cheeks were puffy, but the words still worked to rush warmth through him. He laid his head back down, sighing lightly. "I look awful," he said, blinking the bleariness away.

"That's the worst lie I've ever heard." Jungkook vehemently argued, nuzzling his nose against Taehyung's before leaning forward to capture his lips in a light kiss, sighing into the familiar action.

"It's true!" There was a slow exhale Taehyung gave, like he was savoring it, tracing every detail of those lips that lingered on him.

Jungkook couldn't possibly help but roll his eyes at the omega then, pinching at his arm just lightly to leave a sting as his punishment. The notion only made the supposed older boy laugh, though the alpha didn't complain. He wouldn't care in what context Taehyung was laughing, because his laugher made the fucking darkness glow. "Liar." Jungkook's lips curled into a smirk, his mouth lopsided as he chuckled.

"God, never mind, you look worse than me," The omega swatted at him playfully, his hand absentmindedly stroking through the alpha's raven hair. "Your hair is like a bird nest!"

Jungkook ducked his head just in time, breathing out a laugh when he felt Taehyung's slender fingers swoop over his head, attempting to rustle the locks into something less tasteful. Not that the omega tried hard to do so, if anything Jungkook could tell it was meant to be a teasing gesture. Still, he dodged every touch, his black hair curled by his nape and remaining unstylish.