31 | Oh, to be yours

Chapter thirty-one

Chapter thirty-one

Taehyung's heat hit unexpectedly in the middle of the night. Jungkook, who couldn't sleep at all since his wolf felt the constant need to check on the omega, was quick to react and get out of his bed the moment he heard Taehyung's painful for bearing screams.

The alpha couldn't allow him to spend the next few days in the training camp, so he hired a small group of female alphas to escort him to the pack house where he would be surrounded by other omegas to help him get through his heat. Unlike male alphas, females had more control over their inner wolves when they were in the presence of an omega in heat.

Jungkook insisted to sleep in the room next to Taehyung's because that way he could come over whenever his omega needed him. However, the alpha definitely didn't expect to be so stressed over the fact his significant one was going into heat. When he tried to get closer to the omega's room, one of the female alphas who were supposed to stay in charge of the people that entered Taehyung's bedroom stood in the way.

Jungkook clenched his hands in fists, growling at the alpha who had her hand pressed against his sturdy chest, stopping him from breaking inside. His instincts were kicking in and he was that close to going berserk. The strong scent of heat and sweet strawberries reeked out of the bedroom, making the neurons in his brain go rampant.

"Step back, alpha Jeon." She said authoritatively, voice stern and unwavering, just like her stance.

The alpha closed his eyes shut and let his sharpened senses calm down, it was a torture to stay away from his beloved one in times like this, his judgement was clouded and the only thing keeping him going was the promise he gave to Taehyung.

Upon hearing another loud scream, Jungkook snapped his eyes open, daring to trudge closer, only for the guard to glare at him.

"Please, let me see him." He pleaded, doing his best to control the turmoil of emotions.

The female alpha released an exasperated sigh, there was never an attraction she felt towards the omega, but even the sharpest minds would find it difficult to ignore the scent invading their nose. Taehyung smelt like sweet strawberries in bloom, and the heat his body gave off made the guard groan from how close it all was. So, by the grace of the gods, she was damn near praying when she saw the pleading look in Jungkook's eyes.

"Go and take care of him." She instructed, scrunching up her nose in an attempt of blocking off the intoxicating smell.

It put Jungkook at ease, and he shook his head free of the spell Taehyung's scent put him under, nodding in apology and hurrying to free the alpha of the task.

He slipped through the passageway and stomped his foot inside the chambers, the sight of his omega drenched in cold sweat and hazed expression made him choke on his own saliva.

Taehyung blinked up at the alpha with tired, red-rimmed eyes, his skin pale and glimmering with a sheen of sweat as his blonde bangs sticked to his forehead. The irises were pure blue, beautiful in truth, but they didn't symbolize any trait a person would ask for.