29 | Summer days

"It's cold

"It's cold." Taehyung whined, his hands gripping Jungkook's and bleeding warmth into his body despite how cold the water was when the omega stepped into it, reaching just above his hips. He stumbled to keep his footing along the rocks and sand of the lake floor, but the alpha caught him easily, chuckling gently by his ear and it was all so calming, soothing, relaxing and every word in the book that meant at ease.

Today the sunshine was in their bones, its heat radiating outwards into the bright day. It was as if the people glowed, their aura so happy on these summer days. The echoes of their summer daylight hours remained as flowers immune to winter chills.

In the honeyed light of evening, the grasses appeared to have blossomed with flowers of pure sunlight. The lake with a calmness from its core to the ripples that danced, reflected the blue sky as the sincerest of smiles.

"It's not that bad." Jungkook said with a soft chuckle leaving his lips. His laughter was so free and pure, so childish despite his adult years. It came to Taehyung's ears as a tickle and bounce - and only a rocky heart could do anything but join in such generous mirth.

Only in the light of the sun could their most vivid hues sing so loud, but Jungkook himself might as well be Taehyung's own little sun. With how much heat exuded from him it fought away the numbing chill of the water as the alpha ran it over Taehyung's skin, pooling it in his palms before lifting them and letting it fall over the golden strands of the omega's hair.

So cold, but Jungkook's fingers threading through his hair right afterward chased the shivers away.

And thus, he just let the alpha work on running water over his skin, sometimes humming a tune as he bathed him. The water was really freezing with Taehyung shirtless and only wearing white braies. Honestly, he didn't mind Jungkook's fingers running over his skin, but the cold was making him a little dizzy and he couldn't help but pout over how the alpha still had his shirt on.

It was soaked through completely after he had plunged into the lake like it was nothing, his hair dripping wet and falling over his eyes even now, but, well. Only seeing the faint colors of his skin through the wet cloth just simply wasn't fair.

The omega reached out, pulling the hem of Jungkook's shirt out of the waistband of his pants. The alpha froze and all but scrambled to grab Taehyung's hand when he lifted it up over his stomach, revealing the hard ridges of his abdomen.

"Pup?" Jungkook asked, blinking wildly. Heat was so potent in his cheeks and Taehyung knew it wasn't only because of the ice-cold water.

The omega kept pouting, glancing up at Jungkook through these sublime lashes of his. "How come you're still wearing a shirt?"

The alpha took a second to just stare at him as he registered the question before he laughed, something breathless and perhaps incredulous. Maybe even hysterical?

"Is it a problem?" He questioned with a hint of playfulness in his tone, obviously trying to tease the sulking omega.

"Yes," Taehyung stated bluntly, feeling a frisson of embarrassment. "The water is cold, and your shirt is blocking your natural warmth. How am I supposed to survive in this deathly cold water if you're hogging all the warmth to yourself, huh?" He complained. Call him greedy but his omega side was craving for Jungkook's warmth, despite the extreme hot weather. Alphas were always so naturally warm that he hated himself for being so cold blooded.