13 | Selfish

Chapter thirteen

Jungkook and Taehyung walked past the wooden doors and into the long corridor, followed by three pairs of curious eyes. Once the doors were closed and they were left alone, the young alpha turned around and gazed at the omega with a very displeased look plastered on his face.

"What the hell, Taehyung?" He questioned, keeping his voice as quiet as possible, but he was seething with unadulterated anger.

There was a beat of silence. Taehyung refused to look at Jungkook's direction, but he could feel his eyes on him. The alpha ran a frustrated hand through his hair, as if he didn't know what to do, or say. The omega couldn't help but feel a little bit guilty.

"Do you want to get yourself thrown out of the pack?" he continued to ask, boring holes at the silent omega.

"Who said I want to join your pack in the first place?" Taehyung finally gathered the courage to speak, however, eyes still fixated on the floor.

"But why did you act like this? Jin didn't do anything to deserve this." His gaze was probing on the omega. He was careful, meticulously slow and pointed in backhanded defense of his own bias masked in this verbal discovery of Taehyung's faults.

The blonde-haired boy looked toward him suddenly, eyes sparkling in anguish, mouth downcast and trembling with despair, and yet he did nothing more than shake his head and sigh. "I-I don't know. I reacted hastily."

Truth be told, Taehyung didn't know the meaning behind his own actions. Was it because he got scared? Or thought the alpha would try to hurt him? Everything happened so suddenly, and he didn't even have the time to collect his own thoughts before he had his dagger pressed against Jin's neck. It was a bold move to challenge an alpha, what about threaten them.

"You don't just threaten an alpha! Jin is one of the most important people in the pack." Jungkook continued his tantrum, pacing back and forth around the dim-lightened corridor.

"Don't expect me to put up with your rules!" The omega flared back. No one forced him into staying here, they needed his help to win this war. Yes, what he did was wrong and useless. If he really wanted things to work out well, he had to get along with the other pack members beforehand.

Jungkook stopped in his track, tilted his head to the direction of the omega and eyed him carefully. His brows raised up on their own volution, the pale skin on his forehead creased. He wasn't doing a great job of concealing the growing rage inside him. "I can't always be there to get you out of trouble." He answered through tightly clenched teeth, temples throbbing and jaw muscles flexing.

There were wolves in the pack with ranks higher than his own. He might be the alpha's first son and next leader of the pack, but there were warriors higher in command. If Taehyung got himself in a fight with one of them, Jungkook wouldn't be able to help him. Rules were made to be kept, not broken and everyone deserved a punishment for disobeying the head alpha's orders.