36 | Take a piece of me

Chapter thirty-six

Chapter thirty-six

Taehyung's blood dripped onto the floor, a small, thin puddle of gore was scattering over the marble, pooling under his feet, and soaking into his clothes. The pain in his shoulder ramped up from stiffness all the way to searing, blinding agony faster than he could blink. And just when the ache was at its worst, it dissipated, like fog off some terrible lake.

The agony had faded to a dull throb.

Eventually, his consciousness slipped out of his weak grasp, leaving him deathly pliant and docile in Chinhae's embrace. A mate mark wasn't supposed to bleed or hurt unless it wasn't wanted. And in Taehyung's case, he definitely didn't want to accept someone like Chinhae as a mate. Not after everything he had done to him and to all those wolves who had been left without their families and friends. Not when his heart already belonged to another man, much worthier and honorable than any other alpha or soldier.

Jungkook was forced to watch everything. Pain unlike any other coursed through his heart, shattered it to millions of tiny pieces that were too small to be put back together. And that was when he heard Chinhae's laugh, dull and far away, as if it were coming through a coat of plastic.

He pulled his teeth out, blood smeared across his lips and face. His facial features were contorted into a sickeningly evil grimace, so gloating and repellent that it was hard to believe the person who stood before Jungkook was a real human being. This man was a monster.

Chinhae threw Taehyung to the ground, delight flickering in those red eyes of his. Jungkook saw how the omega hit the floor, he heard the loud thud of his body colliding with the cold marble, and he wished to be both blind and deaf at the same time.

"Do you understand now, kid?" The voice said in that hideous, croaked tone. It was slicing, a little similar to the sound of a knife plunging into one's skin. "No one can kill a true blood. Not him," Chinhae pointed at the unconscious omega that was lying at his feet, then fixed his gaze back to Jungkook, smiling. "Not you, not anyone!" He spread his arms in a gesture of conciliation, like a bird ready to fly out of the nest, laughing at his own victory.

He made Jungkook feel so livid that the skin on his arms began to crack from the heat. He could feel his blood boil, sizzle, and curl until he became a beast. When he closed his eyes, the only color was red, this rubicund color that should be black. He hated him this much. Jungkook would never commit a murder willingly, but he would give Chinhae the most painful death. He would only murder if it meant getting his due revenge.

May God have mercy on my enemies because I won't.

Before the true blood could lift his arm and defend himself, Jungkook had run up to him, swiftly grabbing the same dagger Taehyung had been holding not too long ago and stabbing it into the man's chest. The tip of the weapon dug lightly into the center of his torso, and just as Jungkook pierced the skin he groaned in pain. Yet, even if it was hard, he pressed the weapon down further, and dragged it ever so slowly across his chest.