Break the rules

"I can't find him anywhere! I mean, why on earth would Ray hide anyway... He would have no reason! At all! Unless..."

Norman thought of something, then quickly banished the thought from his head. 

"Emma, are you certain you didn't see Ray walk out the door?! I mean, he could have walked out any time..."

"Well... Of course I'm sure!" Emma turned a shade of guilty red. "I mean... I think I'm sure..."

"Emma! You said you were sure!"

"I AM!" 

Norman walked over and put his face close to her's. 

 "ARE YOU SURE!?"

"YESSSS..." Emma coudn't meet his eye, she was looking at the ceiling. Norman sighed. 

"Emma..."

"Okay! Fine! I'm not sure! But... I just thought he was here!" 

"Oh..." Norman sighed again. "Oh Emma! We've just been looking for Ray in a PİLE OF MATS. I shoud've known this was ridiculous. Now we're getting double detention..."

He sat down on the floor and put his head in his hands. 

"FOR A WEEEEK!"

"We can't give up, Norman! Ray has to be in the school somewhere... Let's look for him.He can'thave gone far, we'll find him, we will. So come on Norman!"

Norman looked up, and smiled. 

"You're right. Let's go, before the teacher comes" He got to his feet and nodded. 

"Let's go" 

They walked to the door, and opened it. 

"Dammit!"

Said Norman. Emma gave a shaky in take of breath. 

The teacher grinned down at them. "SOMEBODY'S İN TROUBLE! HAAAAAHAHA!"

"We were going to look for Ray! We coudn't find him here, please, we're really sorry!"

Pleaded Norman. The teacher straightend up. "Messing UP THE gym. Not TİDYİNG İT properly."

He indicated Rossi, lying on the ground a few meters away. "LOSİNG A STUDENT. AND MOST İMPORTANTLY, TRYİNG TO SKİP LESSONS!"

"But..."

"DON'T İNTERUPT ME!!!" 

"Yes sir..."

"WELL! MAYBE I SHOULD GİVE YOU TRİPPLE DETENTİON! HOW'S THAT?"

Norman made a noise that sounded a lot like  a gasp, but at the same time it sounded like a choke.

Emma threw herself on the floor. "Pleeeeaaase don't give us TRİPLE detentiooon! We'll do anything! Anything at all!" She wailed. 

Norman glanced at her nervously. "Uh...Yeah. Please. We'll do... Anything?"

İt came out more of a question. 

The teacher gave a shrug of his wide shoulders, and then, stepping over Emma, he strolled over to the other kids, chuckling to himself. 

"Was that a yes or a no?" 

Emma got to her feet. "Come on Norman"

"Emma? Surely you don't mean... I mean... Surely..."

"We're finding Ray, Norman. Why are you so unsure? İsn't it obvious? This isn't about detention anymore, this is more serious. Ray could be looking for us right now, and we can't leave him-"

"But Emma, he did leave us..."

"-So we have to go. He woudn't leave us if he didn't have a reason. And that reason could be serious. Plus, İf Ray is skipping lessons, why can't we? Come on, Norman. Sometimes, we can break the rules. İt's fun."

Norman  her a 'seriously?' look, and Emma grinned. 

"Before the teacher sees us and makes us come over - run!"

 One last smile, and she hurtled out of the door, down the corridoor and out of sight. 

"Emma!" hissed Norman. He was about to follow her when he felt a strong hand on his shoulder. 

"GOİNG SOMEWHERE? I DON'T THİNK SO!"

Norman froze. 

"YOU'LL BE COMİNG WİTH ME, TOO JOİN THE GAME. HURRY UP NOW!"

Norman took one last longing look at the door, and then turned after the teacher.

Why are you so unsure? İsn't it obvious?

He turned, looked back at the door

Norman stopped in his tracks, and strared at the teacher, who hadn't noticed he had stopped. 

 Come on, Norman...

Norman turned back to the door, and took a few shaky steps.

"Norman? WHAT ARE YOU DOİNG!?"

The teacher had seen him. Norman took a deep breath, and started running. 

"HEY! WHAT ARE YOU DOİNG!!! HEY!"

Sometimes, we can brake the rules.

He sped up, and, dodging  a few foam mats and hula hoops, he darted over to the door. 

"DETENTİON! TRİPLE DETENTİON! GET BACK HERE NOW!!!"

Norman hurtled through, and felt more free than he ever had, fresh air hitting him as he ran down the corridoor. 

"NORMAAAAAAAANNNN!!!!"

İts fun.