Breaking the door

"Emma? Hey, are you still awake? Emma? EMMA! Don't sleep, got it? You'll never wake up."

"Hu...H...Huh?" Emma rubbed her eyes and realized she had almost fallen asleep in her sitting position. Her shoulder was...

Still bleeding.

"I didn't... Fall asleep... I'm awake, Ray."

Ray grunted something, and then he sighed. He leaned against the door and closed his eyes.

"Goddammit, nothings working. I... I need Norman's help, but..."

"You're useless without us." Emma grinned, the hand she was using to try and block the blood flow from her wound relaxed. Blood blossomed out, and she turned away. 

Smile, smile, happy, happy. 

"Wow. Just wow. Seriously, even like this you manage to annoy me? Just... Wow."

She could almost hear his smile. 

"Welllll, I'm not trying to annoy you..." She frowned. "So... The door?"

Ray stopped leaning against the door and cleared his throat. "Yeah. So, you don't die, and I'll make Norman get up..."

Then Gilda appeared from round the corner. She screamed.

"Uh..." Ray said.

"OH MY GOODNESS THANK GOD OH THANK GOD..." Gilda broke down in sobs. "I... OH YOU'RE OKAY... Emma? İS EMMA OKAY?"

"No, not exactly..." Ray stared. "How did you know?"

"I saw." Sniffed Gilda, wiping her eyes. "I saw it."

"Uh... What? You saw Emma getting..."

"No, I saw the ghost. Goodness, it was terrifiying!"

"Gilda, What ghost?"

"The... The ghost. Didn't you... İt came down here..."

"What? I don't have time to play around."

"But..."

Ray wondered if Gilda would be any help, and decided to see if she was.

"Gilda, can you, uh, help me open the door? See, Emma's..."

He didn't want her to faint, too. Best to lie right now.

"Yeah, Emma's stuck. She lost the key. Can you help me brake it down?"

Gilda bit her lower lip. "I...I...I...I don't think I can..."

Then she took a deep breath, and closed her eyes. She put one foor forward and bent her knees slightly.

"Out of the way." She muttered

"What?" groaned Ray. "What do you think you're..."

"Out. Of. The way." snarled Gilda with such an edge to her voice that Ray stepped back to the wall in surprise.

Gilda suddenley gave a loud scream, and launched herself at the door, kicked it as hard as she could and Ray almost gasped when...

She broke it down.