Handstands and thunderstorms

A deep rumbling sound echoed around the hills and mountains.

 İt was slow and could almost be described as quiet , as if the thunder didn't want to wake the still sleeping valley.

 As if it was rising anger.

Emma, Norman, Ray and Gilda stood staring out of the window in silence. Ray couldn't help it - he wanted to go outside. He wanted to sit in the middle of the crazy thunderstorm and stare up at the grey clouds. 

Emma was already jumping up and down.

 "Yaaay !! We have never been allowed out in this weather! Now is our chance! Let's go !"

 This time Ray did not protest he just gave a sigh to show he was reluctant (which was not really true ). Norman put his hand on the window "woah!  I can't wait, can you Emma? "

 Emma was so excited she just gave a small squeak .

 Norman laughed.  " Emma, you look like somebody who just won the world" he said .

 Emma smiled "Norman,  why would I  need the world? I have all I want, right now"

 Ray walked over, leaving Gilda standing on her own near the door. 

 "I don't think so, Emma.  You are going to want a raincoat when we get out there "

 Emma sniffed and turned from the window to Ray. 

"Ray, do you HAVE to ruin every wise thing I say ? " 

"I never got a chance, Emma" 

"How DARE you " gasped Emma .

 She clutched her chest and pretended to have a heart attack. 

Ray sighed. "Come on, blockhead,  you were the one who wanted to go out" 

"Somebody is getting impatient!" Teased Norman."But really Emma, You can stop the heart attack now."

Emma stopped having a heart attack and they walked to the stair case leading down.  Then she turned around.

 "Gilda?"

Gilda stood there , the shadows playing  across her pale face.

  "I ...I don't want to get wet ..." 

Emma and Gilda both knew she was lying. Gilda knew from Emma's disapointed face that Emma knew she didn't want to get into trouble. She thought they were going to get cought,  and sent to the heads office. For the 3rd time in a week.

"You sure, Gilda ?" 

"Yes ... Have fun!"

Emma nodded. "Okay, see you in about 2 hours for the first lesson. Bye!" Gilda nodded. 

 "Bye..." 

Emma disapeared down the stairs. After a few moments, Gilda yawned and curled up on a sofa. She was tired from being terrified and nervous, though she didn't know it. 

 Still 2 hours until the first lesson ... 

~Time skip~

Gilda woke with a start.  Thunder was still crashing outside and the rain seemed heavier than when she saw it last. 

 The clock on the wall said 6:45, she had not slept long.  Thank goodness. 

She got up and walked to the window. The ground seemed miles away but...

 "Oh !" exclaimed Gilda.

 She could see Emma, Norman and Ray! Emma and Norman were doing handstands in the middle of the courtyard, the rain bouncing of their bare feet. Once in a while, one of them would try and take a few steps on their hands, only to colapse on the wet ground.