Detention

Norman, Emma and Ray had detention again. 

 They sat in the cold, empty room in silence, all except for the sound of Miss İsabella's pen against paper and the constant irritaited sighs coming from Ray. 

The windows were all open and outside the weather was pretty bad. İt was freezing. For some reason, Norman got the feeling that Miss İsabella had left them open on purpose.

 She had a coat but Norman, Ray and Emma didn't, and they were probably going to freeze before detention was over. İt was all very sad.

 Norman sat stiffly with his head in his hands, feeling bored. He looked across at Ray, who sat on the left side of Norman, and was writing something on a piece of paper, then at Emma. 

 Emma seemed to be doodling on the desk she was sitting at behind Ray. She was smiling widly, which usually wasn't a good sign.

 What's she planning...

Emma and Norman were good at lip reading. İt had become a thing now, they practiced after lessons and Ray tested them. Ray was better at communicating with his eyes, so when he glared, totally randomly, at Norman, Norman knew he meant: İdiot.

İt was just his way.

He cought Emma's eye and decided to ask her what was going on.

Emma.

NORMAN.

Emma, how are you?

WHAT?

I said, what are you doing?

WORK.

Work? Emma...

YES?

I don't think you should keep drawing on the-

YOU DON'T THİNK I SHOULD LEAP SCORİNG  ON THE WHAT NOW?

EMMMA!!!

What?

I SAİD-

I heard you.

Look, nevermind. Let's stop this.

LET'S TOP THİS? YOU MEAN WE SHOULD TEACH RAY?

NO I SAİD GOODBYE.

What??

AAGGGHHHHH

Norman?

No.

Norman sighed, exasperated. Emma could be like this sometimes. Annoying, but always one of his best friends. Still, he loved like he did all his family.

Well at least Ray's doing his work- OW!

A ball of paper hit the side of his head and fell on to his desk.

"Ow" said Norman, absentmindedly, before he remembered  there was no talking aloud and quickly covered his mouth. Not that it wasn't too late. 

  He looked down at his desk. The crumpled piece of paper lay there, thankfuly unnoticed by Miss İsabella.  İt may have been from Emma, maybe Ray. Emma loved throwing balls of paper in class, and called them secret messeges. Only the teacher hadn't seemed to like the 'secret messege' he got, so that was another reason for detention.

Norman opened it as quietly as he could, keeping his eyes on Miss İsabella and feeling like he was unwrapping some kind of bomb. 

Please god don't let her look up...