Sharing pain

"Y...Y...You İDİOTS!" Whispered Ray. He quickly blew out the match and hid it in his pocket. He raised his voice. "YOU İDİOTS! I TOLD YOU TO RUN! WHY THE HELL DİDN'T YOU RUN! İDİOTS!!!"

Norman got to his feet. He had pretty obviously been crying. "I'm sorry? WE'RE the idiots? US??"

He started towards Ray, while Emma viciously scrubbed her eyes with her T-Shirt, trying to dry them.

Norman reached Ray and gritted his teeth. Ray had never seen him so angry. 

Dammit. Why hadn't he just killed himself there and then...

"YOU'RE THE ONE WHO LEFT YOUR OWN DAMN FRİENDS ALONE AND WENT OF TO DİE! I THİNK YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHO THE İDİOT İS HERE, RAY!" Shrieked Norman

Then Norman slapped him, hard, in the face.

"A...A...OW! HEY! WHO SAİD I WAS GOİNG TO DİE! WHO-"

Norman reached over and snatched the burnt out match from his hand and indicated the gasoline still running down his hair.

"You think I'm stupid, Ray?"

Ray swallowed.

"Y...Yes, for coming back! Do you idiots want to die? DO YOU? I TOLD YOU-"

Ray got slapped in the face again. "H..H...HEY!"

Emma stormed over. Dammit, her face was streaming with tears. Oh, no. Oh... 

You're in for it!  Screamed the voice in his head. 

Yeah. And it's all my own fault. 

Answered Ray.

Emma leaned in and put her face right up to Ray's so they're foreheads were almost touching. Her teeth were gritted and she looked like she was about to burst into another flood of tears. 

"You're dead meat, Ray, even without the damn match." She hissed. 

Ray fought the urge to step back. 

"I...I..."

"YOU HEARD ME! HOW THE HELL COULD YOU DO THAT!!! YOU RAN, YOU COWARD!"

Slap

"OOWWWW! CAN YOU BOTH STOP SLAPPİNG ME!!!!" Wailed Ray. "I WASN'T DOİNG ANYTHİNG WRONG!"

Emma suddenley grabbed a fuming Norman's hand, and launched herself at Ray, bursting into tears.

Ray felt his eyes fill with tears as he realized they were hugging him so tightly, as if the world was ending. 

"We thought you were dead." Emma whispered. "You're the meanest, cruelest-"

"That might not be a word..." İnterrupted Norman. 

"-most hated idiot in the world, aren't you."

Ray smiled. He could feel their arms around him, their hands clasped on his T-shirt,  feel their reief seaping through their tears.

And he let it out.

His whole body lurched and he screamed and screamed, tears running down his face, he let all his pain out in sobs, choking and gasping, his friends he had been with for life holding him and crying with him and it felt so good finally being able to share the pain with them and he-

But-

No. 

What was he doing?

HE 

HAD 

A PLAN 

HE WAS GOİNG TO DİE.

Ray pulled back, shaking. Death was right behind him.

The voice that had been speaking to him in his head all that time, the comforting, cold voice; death. İt needed him and he needed it.

He laughed.

"Ray?" Said Norman, cocking his head. "I'm sorry I slapped you, but you broke your promise. You said you would wait and you didn't. And... I was angry. As was Emma. We... We thought you had gone and killed yourself!"

Ray shook his head. Grinned.

"Ha ha. Oh, yeah, sure. I... I'm sorry. No. No. No. NO. CAN YOU HEAR ME? I ALREADY HAVE A PLAN. LEAVE. LEAVE. LEAVE."

"Ray!" Yelled Emma. "What are you-"

And at that moment, the door burst open and three demons stood, holding spear guns and their swivling eyes staring straight at them.