A Gift

Nikki's POV 

It's been a couple of nights since Nina's visit. I can't stop thinking about her. Is it the blood or love. I'm not sure. I just know I can't get her off my mind. Does she feel the same? It's fucking crazy. We can't be together. She's a vampire that will always look like a child. It would always have to be a secret. I groan. I need to remember I have a wife and children. Nina has a lover in William. She doesn't really need me and she's not really a child that needs protected. Still the thought of her living on the street, hiding and sleeping in abandoned buildings makes my heart ache. I had the understanding that our bond would fade with time. It hasn't. It's not the same adictive feeling I had at the beginning. I just miss her like crazy.

Guilty feelings about loving another and fucking around with others aside. I need to figure out a way to keep my wife safe since I've become a vampire magnet. I know Nina and others watch to keep me and my children safe. If Donna is with me and the children she's protected. What if she's caught alone. She plans to go out to dinner tonight with her girlfriends. Why couldn't they have a nice safe lunch for her to bitch about my misdeeds.

"Nikki." I hear a whisper at my side. I turn to see Nina. Her hands are behind her back. She rocks child like on her heels.

  "Nina." I Whisper back. I drink her in with my eyes. She doesn't come to me like she usually does.

"I have a gift for you, umm really it's for your wife." She says softly and holds out a small box to me. I take it and open it to see what it is. It's a white gold bracelet with a small blood red stone mixed with other semi precious stones. "The stone is a blood diamond. It's made from mine and Cicero's blood just like the diamond set in your ring." She explains.

"Thank you Nina." I say in graditude. I know she doesn't have a great love for my wife. She did this for me.

"Even with your actions and stupidity lately. I know you love Donna. So I guess I have to care about her too." she huffs rolling her eyes. "And if that woman drummer touches you again I just might have to eat her. People disappear all the time."

"Nina I started that affair." I admit.

"So." She hisses her eyes flash red for a moment then seem sad. "Nikki I need to stay away. I shouldn't have come to see the baby and you. What happened shouldn't have."

"Don't go." I whisper. I try to reach for her, but she backs away.

"I'll come to you if you ever need me. I promise. For now live the life of the living." With that said She disappears.

"Nikki I'm leaving now." Donna calls from the other room.

"Please come here first. I have something for you." I answer. She comes into the room with a curious expression.
"This is for you." I whisper hoping she will except it. I'm not exactly her favorite person right now. She takes it from my hand and opens it. Her eyes get kinda misty.

"It's beautiful Nikki." She exclaims. She's in my arms in seconds hugging me.

"I love you Donna." I whisper.

"I love you too." She whispers back. She looks into my eyes. "I could call my friends and stay home."

"No go ahead go. Have fun I'll be here when you get home." I kiss her softly. Pulling the bracelet from it's box I fasten it around her wrist. I watch her happily walk out the door. Maybe she won't have so much to bitch about to her friends now. I smirk. Thanks Nina for the dual purpose gift.

After my wife leaves I stand outside starring into the dark.

"I'm always gonna miss you Nina." I whisper into the night.

Nina's POV

I hear him. I'll miss you too. I whisper back. It so hard to leave, when I want to run back and hold him forever. Instead I race back to my family and William. He's been very tolerant of my love for Nikki. It's hard to be bonded to so many. He even allowed us to follow Motley Crue on tour. He figured it would give mortals time to forget our never changing faces. It also gave us a never ending food supply. He figured it was a win win. It was never brought up that it gave me a chance to be near Nikki and to see Mick again. We did step on a few toes along the way. But some of the oldest living vampire children are in our gang we don't get messed with much. I'm actually one of the babies of the family. I guess that's why I get away with so much crap like life bonding with a celebrity rockstar named Nikki Sixx oops.