Vampire Marriage

Approaching Courtney and Nina I'm wondering how I'm supposed to bring up a polygamist marriage. Courtney can we be really jealous. Nina winces at the concept of marriage.  Razzle comes up beside  me and places his hand on my shoulder.

"Why are you dragging your feet?" he snickers. "They can only say no."

"My wife could punch me?" I laugh nervously. "Nina could rip my heart out.

"I don't think Nina will have a problem. She already gave you a wedding ring." He smirks and points to the ring on my right hand ring finger. "It's the kinda ring given to a mortal spouse. It carries her blood in the stone as protection from other vampires."

"I didn't know. Mick got a necklace." I say quietly.

"That's because he was her daytime guardian." he grins let me explain. "There are thralls very mindless. They wear a chain collar. There are pets very disposable. They wear a leather collar. Daytime guardians a trusted human. They wear a necklace. A spouse wears a ring. By placing it on your right she gave you your freedom, but she considers you her distant half."

"She only said we were closer when she gave it to me." I chuckle.

"Well sex and blood sharing at the same time is really intimate when you can be in each others minds. Sharing just blood fades with time. Sex is easily forgotten. Doing both is lasting and binding so you have found out. Nefertiti tried to break your bond with Nina. She wanted you. She must be still quite annoyed that a youngster beat her. The reason Nina still breathes is out of love." he laughs.

"I knew it was special I didn't realize how much." I groan she has been so gentle and tolerant to the other women in my life.

"You must have caught her off guard because Nina's only blood bond before you was to her family." Razzle comments. "And that is as close to marriage as the children usually get." 

"Yeah it was very spontaneous." I smirk thinking on that memory. "I had no Idea what I was getting myself into but I have no regrets."

"Good cause technically by vampire law you are already married to Nina have been for what now 21 years."  he laughs and smirks. "Hey Wolfie they need your blessing. They are already wed and he didn't know it."  All heads turn our way.

"Nina!" Cicero hollers. "Come here Childe."

Nina comes forward and bows her head.

"Yes Father." she answers. She shifts uncomfortably under his gaze.

"Is this true Nina?" Cicero asks.

"Yes Father." she whispers. "Our bond happened so fast. I could feel him no matter how faraway he was. That's how I also knew I wasn't the mate he wanted. I loved him so I gave him the ring and let him go." Her eyes are glued to her feet.

"You know once again you broke the rules for a childe you are not to have physical relations with your Guardian and you did not ask permission to wed." Cicero sighs. 

I had no idea it was supposed to be a secret or how deep her feelings were. Cicero looks my direction so does Imhotep. They had known they had just turned a blind eye. I guess they didn't know about the marriage though.

"I did get permission father." she says softly. She looks like she might cry. I can't stand it. I take my place at her side and put my arm around her. Courtney is right there with me.

"She did have permission from me and Tiye. We gave her the ring and helped her finish creating the stone from hers and her sire's blood." Razzle intervenes. "I'm sorry Cicero we didn't tell you. We thought it best since you could not speak for her because you are her sire."

"My wife would not do such a thing." Rihat hisses.

"I have her signature." Razzles chuckles at Rihat's discomfort. She did everything right. When we found she had let him go to live his own life. We thought it best for it to be forgotten."

Imhotep looks so relieved. I don't think I want to know what her punishment would have been. I just hug her.

Nina's POV

This has been a hard crazy night and I just woke up from a long sleep. First a baby. Then my youthful attempt at marriage.  I look up at my loves and companions hoping they are not angry with me. Nikki had caught me off guard so many years ago our relationship was only supposed to be temporary. I was only going to gift him with a necklace as a thank you for your service. When we had sex it was mind blowing for it's the only time I could see passed his mental shield. Afterward I could feel him no matter where I was. I think the only thing that saved him from the full impact was that curse of a shield. Honestly I'm glad he has it Nefertiti would have left him a mindless thrall without it. I was so pissed she hadn't even tried to dampen it she disturb every vampire for miles with her orgasm. Thank God his mind sensed danger and it slammed shut or he wouldn't be here holding me. I reach mentally for both of their minds if this Triad was going to work I needed to know if they are truly in this with me. Courtney shield is all lovely colors. I tease it till she lowers. She's all trust. Her love for Nikki is obvious. I find my place inside her mind and find loving acceptance. I ease into Nikki's mind. His shield is like steel. Let me in I whisper mentally. I feel his embrace tighten on Courtney and me as his shield slowly lowers for us both. It's beautiful inside a mixture of light and dark. Our minds are linked. I feel our left hands being brought together and Wolfie's hands covering ours. He gently joins our link. Nikki tries to snap shut. I reassure him. He is just making sure our relationships are pure without any compulsion involved. A forced angry spouse is dangerous to all our kind. He takes his glance and breaks his link.

"May your love be eternal and joyful." Wolfie says the blessing warmly.

"Celebration time!" Razzle smiles. "Elvis give us some music!"