Kill or be killed

Nikki's POV

The metal shutters shake making a clanging noice as the powerful hybrids try to break through.

"When I built this place it was to protect us from humans, not others of our kind. The vampire covens have been ruled under the high council peacefully for thousands of years." Imhotep mutters to himself.

"Who would be willing to break the peace." Set asks curious. Those close by turn to stare at him. "Besides me." He chuckles in amusement.

"It's the spider. I recognize his smell even through these thick walls." Cisero hisses.

"I remember isn't that the same vampire Nina saved Donna from years ago. I thought the children killed him." I comment confused. How was he now strong enough to form this army.

"Yes and no they weren't able to finish him off he escaped. They did destroy his nest. As for your unspoken question, he's been feeding from an ancient." Cicero answers.

"Nest," Set questions.

"He captures human women and breeds with them. They don't usually survive very long. Sometimes he will find already pregnant women. He forces them to drink his blood and if the embryo is still forming. It will form as a hybrid That's what he intended for Donna. He uses the hybrids as daytime guardians and to fight for him " He explains to Set and to me. I'm sickened by the thought. My baby forced to be this monsters hybrid and I wouldn't wish that fate on Donna. I glance at Nina through the door way she is hugging our son Dorian before Tara takes him below. She's a good Mama and wife. She has always protected me and my loved ones. Even the other women who I've loved. I love her so much for that. She deserves so much more then a husband in name only. I don't know how to fix it. If I love her like I should. I hurt Courtney. If I continue like this I continue to hurt Nina. Hearing Set speak brings me back to our current calamity.

"How sick to sink so low to use your own children like this. He will be punished" Set states with confidence as if our victory was a sure thing.

The sounds of metal being struck are louder from the front. Most of our attackers have moved to target the front door. We join the rest of the vampires in the large common room. The children gather around me. I'm not sure if it's to protect me or for me to protect them. I guess it doesn't matter we will protect each other. Calder and Hector move through the coven members handing out weapons.

Calder hands me a battle ax.

"Here you don't need training to use this, just strength. Aim for the head. It's the only way to kill them." He explains quickly. I stare at the thing in my hands I've never killed like this, before it had been for food.

"It's kill or be kill." He says and he's off to arm the rest. I'm amazed to watch Rihat hand each of the children a Roman short sword.

Once we're all armed we watch all the possible entrances and wait.

The door finally gives with a deafening crash. The crazed hybrids crawl over the remains of the door. Like their father's nickname they spill into the room and try to overwhelm. I swing my ax at the first one to reach me. The sickening sound of the ax slicing into his head almost paralyzes me till I see Nina go down with two clawing at her. I swing again and sever the closet one's head from it's body. She kills the other stabbing it through it's eye. I'm thankful for the vampiric strength. I'm cursing the fact I can hear their minds as I kill. As twisted as they are, some have minds of babies.

I decapitate one that is leaping for Nefertiti. They are moving to fast for her to use her pyro trick on more than one or two at a time. She's frustrated at having to fight hand to hand. Set on the other hand is in his element as he slashes through them.

"Nikki, children protect Nina!" Imhotep hollers over the din. Nina as leader of the council, I release you." He calls to Nina. Nina's eyes begin to glow blood red. I jump in front of her to keep the hybrids off of her as she concentrates. The children stay close to her and each other. Their strength is in numbers.
"Now everyone pull from Nina. She's acting as a psychic battery." He commands.

With their vampire powers amped up Hybrids are being flamed, tossed, and some turn on each other. Still they keep coming. I hear fighting from the outside. Reinforcements are here. Fuck I'm tiring but I keep swinging. There seems no end to them. I hear someone's mind there are more than was thought. The things are still crawling from the ocean.

I swing at one rushing me. It goes up in flames and is dust in seconds. Glancing around I realize all of them have. All the hybrids are dust. Everyone looks dumbfounded. Osiris and Isis stand at the door we look to them. They look as confused as us.

"Ra!" Nefertiti cries out. Everyone falls to their knees. I sink to my knees holding Nina. She's limp from exhaustion.

He walks forward slowly. His movements are stiff as he scans the room with red eyes.

"I heard one of my children call. She was frightened, so I came." The walking statue states.

"Thank you father for coming to our aide." Osiris says his head bowed. He pats his son's shoulder and looks us over.

"Which one of my children has such a powerful voice that they can wake me from my sleep miles within the earth?" He asks. His voice is neutral. I can't tell his emotions. He searches with his mind when no one speaks up. He's so powerful no one has a chance at keeping him out. When I feel his mental nudge I just open to him. He approaches and looks down at Nina fast asleep.
"She is darling I can see why some of you are so enamored by her." He chuckles and lifts her from my lap. I'm afraid for her
"Don't worry I won't harm your child wife. She's very strong for her age." He says as he breathes in her scent.
"A few of you have fed her, even you my son." He glances at Set who looks away.
"Such a forbidden act. She is still so young and a child vampire. Why was there no punishment for the guilty? Sad as it is, why is she still alive." he questions. Nina decides at that moment to nuzzle against the ancient vampires bare chest in her sleep. Then the little minx yawns, opens her eyes, and looks up at him.

"I don't know you. Are you one of my fathers." She asks sweetly. He sighs and cuddles her close.

"Yes I am little one." He says softly.

The great god Ra has been felled by our Nina. I think causing infatuation is one of her vampire gifts and she's gotten better with it since she drank from Set.

"Father I'm hungry may my husband take me to find something to eat?" Nina asks with a smile.

"Of course sweet one." He sighs once more and hands her back to me. I set her down and take her hand. As we pass through the doorway I hear Ra laugh out loud.
"Now I see how she has lived so long. I'm impressed it even worked on me the father of all vampires."

I don't stop I just continue with Nina to my car. The last thing I hear before we take off is him ordering the clean up of the mansion. It's very close to dawn.

Damn I'm hungry. It sickens me, but even being a vampire temporarily makes me thirst for blood. I don't want to risk being around Courtney and Ruby before I've fed.

"Where is the best place to hunt? I'm starving too." I whisper and give my sweet Nina a kiss.