Betrayed 2009

Kat's POV

    I head back to our hotel room I'd been out checking out a friend's new tattoo studio. I open the door quietly I want to surprise him. As I sneak to the bedroom of the suite I hear voices Nikki's and a girl.
 "Please no." I Whisper to myself.
The door is open. I force myself to look. The girl is so young looking. Nikki sits on the bed with her on his lap like it's no big deal. She nuzzles his neck kissing and Nikki holds her tightly.
 "Cheating bastard." I hiss.
I'm about ready to barge in I'm pissed. But when she pulls away there's blood on her lips. Her eyes glow red. She opens her wrist for Nikki to drink. I run. Once I get to the lobby I stop. I always thought grandmother's tales of vampires was bull. What do I do? Was Nikki enthralled or was he doing this knowing what she is? I call up my mother and ask to speak to my grandma. I tell her what I've seen. She tells me that Nikki is a guardian or a pet. Depending on the age of the vampire. She also tells me they are rarely alone. She gave me a number to call. A group of local hunters that could handle my pest problem, since I'd never been trained. She had grumbled about that. I called the hunters. They told me to stay out of it.They would handle it. I was told what ever hold she had on Nikki would die with her.

    I'm still in the lobby when the little fiend walks by. She makes eye contact with me briefly and skips out the door. I rush back up to our room only to find Nikki happily practicing bass.

Nikki's POV

   It was good to see Nina and to know she is safe. Her and her family now reside in Dallas. I smile She brought me a painting she had recently finished. It was of her sister Angel rising out of the ocean waves. It's beautiful and it's going on my wall when I get home. We talked for awhile. She is learning so many new things. She becoming quite the artist. It makes me happy that she will be at our concert tonight. I hear Katherine come in so I put my bass down and go to greet her.

   "Hey babe how was your day?" I smile at her.

   "It was great the studio was amazing." She answers. She doesn't sound to happy.

   "Are you alright?" I ask her worriedly.

   "Yeah I think I'm just tired." She says softly. I lead her to the bed and pull her down with me. She pulls away I just tug her back to me. Fuck I'd forgotten how strong Nina's blood makes me. I need to be careful. I kiss her gently.

    "What's wrong Katherine?" I ask softly.

   "Nothing Nikki." She answers and hugs me close.

    I don't really have time to figure out her mind right now. I have a concert to play.

   "We will talk later." I say. "And a friend of mine is going to be at the concert. I've known her since she was young. I would like you to meet her."

Nina's POV

   It was fun tonight. The concert was amazing. Great music and tasty snacks always a great combination in my way of thinking. I make my way backstage. If anyone blocks my way. I brush them aside. My mental control has grown over the years. I don't even have to make eye contact anymore. I see Nikki and his amazon. He wants me to make nice so I will. She still stinks.

     "Nikki that was awesome." I squeal and jump up and down playing the fifteen year I appear to be.

    "I'm happy you enjoyed yourself." Nikki smirks at me.

    "Yeah I did." I giggle and I'm really gonna enjoy Vince soon too. He has a really unique flavor.

    "Katherine this is Nina." Nikki introduces us.

    "It's nice to meet you." I smile sweetly. I still can't get over the stink. I guess she seems nice enough.

    "Nina ah baby it's good to see you." Mick wanders up. I hug him gently. I watch Vince and Tommy approach and I smile.

      "Ah she's a cute little fan." Tommy smiles. He has no memory of me neither does Vince. So they tease me a bit then move on to find some other companions.

      "Nikki says you like to paint." I address Kat.

      "Yeah I love it." She answers.

      "Me too." I grin. Well at least we have something in common to talk about.

   I excuse myself after awhile I have a date with a certain singer. Everyone seems busy and not paying attention to me so I sneak into Vince's dressing room. I giggle he has a girl with him two snacks are better then one.

I've had my fun. Vince won't remember losing a pint. I sigh, it's time to get lost.

"It's late Nikki I Better get home." I Whisper. He hugs me tight.

 "Stay safe baby." He whispers back.

  "You know I can take of myself." I smile mischievously and take off out the door and into the dark.

   I stopped for a late meal so now I'm in a hurry trying to beat the sun. I'm traveling a decent speed but nothing crazy.  I'm close to the building we call home before I slow down. I whistle as I approach and place my hand on the doorknob. I stop a cold feeling creeps over me. I sniff the air I smell them. I've been followed. It's the same stink as Kat Von D. It's the smell of a herbal mixture hunters use to repel vampires. How come I didn't realize it before. I reach out to my family. Hide I cry. It's to close to dawn to fight. I hear Emily and Angel argue, but I make it a command. Without Will we wouldn't have a chance in hell. No one else should suffer for my fledgling mistake.

    I open the door and walk through it knowing everyone is safe below ground. My assailants crash through the door behind me sending me to my knees. I'm becoming weaker as the sun rise gets closer. Crawling to my feet I face twelve hunters, to many to enthrall to many to fight. I curse myself for always cutting it so close. I figure I have about five minutes before I fall to the floor helpless. I cry out in fear and rage. I charge at them. I'm not going down without a fight.