A Curious Decker

Nikki had been really annoyed with me after my romp on the beach. I told him it was a biological vampire thing and doesn't happen a lot to children. So in my defense I couldn't really have warned him. It's the price he pays for our bond. It's not like it doesn't go both ways when he feels something strongly. I feel it too. The council had been annoyed too. They complained I should have planned for it and been with my gang. I huff how was I to know I would ever experience heat. I didn't ask for help from them.  Grownups give me a headache sometimes.

Well tonight I'm at my favorite club to have fun and get some tasty drinks.
I sniff the air I'm looking for some healthy individuals who can handle losing a few pints. I catch a familiar scent. I groan It's Gunner and Decker. How did Decker get in here. I'm gonna have to find somewhere else to hunt. I grumble as I leave my favorite club.
I skip down the sidewalk. I smell another vampire. She's not one I know. The year old fledgling isn't a threat and she's keeping to herself so I ignore her. I find a snack outside another club. He's a little drunk but I'm not being picky. I had just finished with him when I hear a boy scream. I immediately reach out mentally.

"Decker." I hiss. I run for the ally she pulled him into. She has him pinned against the wall. He hangs limply. I grab her by the the back of the neck.

"Let go." I order. "Gentle now if you damage him I will snap your neck." She lets go and I toss the rogue fledgling away. I kneel down to check him out. He's just unconscious I can hear his heart. It's strong.  I hear her growl. I look up as she charges me. I meet her halfway and we tumble to the ground. I pin her to the ground. She has underestimated me. I look down at her and knee her in the gut.
"Lesson one In our world you shouldn't judge a book by it cover." I giggle. I pick her up and slam her against the nearest brick wall.
"Lesson two never fuck with someone who is under the protection of another vampire." I punch her hard in the face.
"Lesson three don't hunt in someone else's territory. I let go and let her fall to the ground with a thud. I glance at Decker. His eyes look huge with fear.

"I won't hurt you." I say softly and walk slowly to him. I wish I could return him to his innocent state of thinking vampires are just movie monsters. But like his father his mind is shielded too.

"You won't. Why?" He bravely asks.

"I made a promise to your father. I'd protect the ones he loves. Now let's get you home." I lift him easily and take off towards his home.

Once home I help him into his bed.

"Thanks for saving me." He whispers.

"No problem." I smile. "I don't have to tell you to keep this a secret.

"No I figured that." He answers sitting up. He gets bold and kisses me softly.

"Wow," he moans and kisses me again. It feels good His scent is familiar in a way. I go with him as we sink onto the bed. As we make out he rolls us so he's on top. He groans as I rub against him. We are both so involved in our heavy petting we don't hear footsteps or the door slowly open.

Nikki's POV

I walk into find Decker with a girl. We've had the talk so I reluctantly go to shut the door. Until I realize who the girl is and I see the teeth marks. I'm angry I told her to stay away from them. I guess I should have made it a command.

"Nina," I growl. She whimpers untangles from Decker and disappears out the window.

"Are you ok Decker?" I ask. He's still dazed. I examine his neck he will heal. I can't believe I allowed that monster around my family.

"Dad why were you mean to her." He asks still kinda out of it. He realized I was checking out his neck.
"She didn't do this." He touches the wounds.

"Who did?" I question. He looks everywhere but at me.

"Decker." I encourage.

"Gunner took me clubbing." He admits.

"What were thinking you're only 14?" I huff. "Ok how did you get that?" I point at his throat.

"I saw the girl who I saw at the Crue concerts. Then she left so I followed. I wanted to know who she was. She stopped and was with this guy. Then this woman grab me pulled me into an ally. She did this. The girl showed up and kicked her ass all over the place. She brought me home. Don't be mad at her for what was happening. I kissed her first." He finishes and lowers his eyes.

"Decker, Nina isn't what she seems." I start to explain.

"I know she's a vampire." He says kinda in awe.

"Yes she is and you need to respect a dangerous creature."

"How long have known her? Has she bit you? Does it hurt? What kinda powers does she have? How old is she?" He questions excitedly.

"Whoa slow down." I laugh.

"I've known her since 99. Yes and no, I don't know exactly. She'll be 39 including her human years in September." I answer.

"So she is the girl from the crime show we watched." He comments.

"Yes she is." I answer softly.

"How did you meet her?" He asks still curious.

"Vince found her sleeping in one of his trunks. She woke up and stretches. Her eyes were all red and we saw her teeth." I grin at his expression.

"Wow really?" He whispers.

"Yep and you know what else?" I snicker.

"What?" His eyes are big.

"Vince screamed like a girl." I smirk.

He laughs. He gets really serious.

"Dad." He cocks his head me.

"What?" I smile.

"I think she still feels like she's still 15 and if she's your friend you should tell you're sorry for not trusting her." He says. He's made a point she is still 15 in a way why wouldn't she be attracted to Decker. Sometimes love and sex is complicated even with so few inhibition in the vampire world.

"Yeah I should." I admit. "You get some sleep. You've had an exciting night." I get up to leave. I turn off his light.

"It might have been more exciting if you wouldn't have barged in." I hear him grumble. I sigh I need to find Nina.

I walk outside and call softly.

"Nina, come out baby I know you can hear me."
She comes quietly out of the shadows wiping tears from her eyes.

"You're not mad at me anymore?" She asks quietly.

"No my sweetheart I'm not. Now come here." I reassure and hold out my arms to her. She comes quickly and cuddles close.
"Thank you for saving my son tonight." I whisper

"I will always protect you and those you love." She says and nuzzles my chest.