A Need To Confide And Something Has Risen

Nikki's POV

Cicero opens the door of the coven house for me and invites me in.

"This is a welcome surprise." he grins "And you have brought the babies." He takes them gently. They are now six months old and a real hand full. They  grin at Cicero as he makes faces at them. He places them with two other babies in a pinned in area. "Be gentle little ones Miss Ruby is not as sturdy as you lot." he warns softly.

"Are you sure she's safe?" I ask worried.

"Of course she has Dorian." He chuckles.

I glance over just in time to see Dorian's eyes glow red briefly in warning. One of the older babies had tried to pull Ruby's hair. 

"I guess she is." I smirk. 

Cicero Laughs he's very proud of his grandson. He motions to some chairs in a private corner.

"You look like a man with something on his mind. If this is about Dorian I can assure he's growing well and very even tempered for his ilk." He comments.

"No Dorian is a good baby. It's about my marriage." I admit.

"Trouble with the wives already?" he chuckles.

"It's more about me." I say quietly.

"Oh how so?" Cicero questions.

"I'm so jealous of Nina. When she's messing around with one of her family. She tries to dampen her mind but I still get smacked by it. I get angry. Courtney has noticed and it pisses her off and Nina just doesn't understand." I say in a rush.

"Sounds like a definite issue. It's a normal reaction. She's your wife. But you can't expect Nina not to go to them when you both are denying her your bed. Courtney and you made the decision for it to be this way." he  states calmly.

"I know." I say rubbing my temples.

"I have to be honest with you Nina would probably go back to her family once in awhile even if she was being intimate with you both. They renew their bond as a group every so often. Sometimes it's to welcome a new member, sometimes after they've been apart for a long time or just a spontaneous expression of love, joy and surviving another night." He shrugs his shoulders. "I am certain she would keep to those occasions if you were true lovers. Remember Nikki she was one of the children before she became your wife. Her survival has always depended on them."

 I just groan. I have to get my emotions under control. I'm going on tour in a couple months. I need things to be solid at home or I'll be a mess on the road.

"How are your dogs?" Cicero randomly asks.

"Fine." I answer bemused.

"It's just so delightful to have them not afraid of me." he grins happily "I had a dog as a boy. It's been a long time since I've been able to pet one. Animals scent us and usually run."

"Are you saying they are stupid?" I smirk.

"Lord no they have the brains not to like Rihat." he chuckles.

"Good I don't either." I laugh.

"Back to the subject at hand. Communication is key. Many centuries ago it wasn't just me and Dahlia. We were once three. So I have some understanding. You need to talk with your wives and Nina's family and work this through. They are also confused, through Nina you are connected to them too.  They don't understand how they have upset you. It hurts the children they see you as a father figure." He states.

"I had no Idea. I don't want to hurt anyone." I sigh

"Your family has grown. I wish I could have prepared you all better for this but when the baby came into the picture  and Rihat pushed the subject. I didn't have the time." he huffs. "You know I knew about the ring from the beginning. I was proud of her she handled a difficult situation well. After bonding with you she did what was right. She let you have your freedom when she knew she wasn't what you needed. She gave you the ring watched over you and came to you when you needed her. She has always been a good wife to you even if you didn't know it."

"I know she has. What do you suggest I do?" I ask.

"Be a good husband Accept Nina for who she is and if you want her in your bed. You and Courtney are going to have to grasp a more broader concept of what marriage can be." he says and pats my shoulder. 

"Great that's all." I snicker. "I don't see that happening. I guess I better learn to control my jealousy. I will try to get us all together for a talk."

"If you like I'm a very good mediator." he smiles mischievously.

"Oh great marriage counseling." I laugh.

Cicero face changes from one of amusement to one of dread. I can feel fear radiating from the other vampires. The children come in from playing Nina among them. They are terrified. Imhotep crashes into the room.

"Mortals to the catacombs!" He commands.

Women come running and scoop up all the babies including Ruby and Dorian and race down the stairs. The vampire children are not going into hiding that means Nina isn't either.

"Go Sixx with the others he's coming and he's starving!" Cicero insists.

"I'm not leaving Nina." I stand my ground.

"I thought he would be a pain in the ass!" Imhotep comes stomping forward. I thought I was about to be carried forcibly down the stairs instead he pulls out a syringe and jabs a needle in my arm

"Oh god that fucking burns!" I hiss through gritted teeth. It races through my veins like fire. "What did you do to me?"

"Just a bit of my blood straight to your veins You are joining my kind for the night Sixx." Imhotep smirks mischief in his eyes. "I've always wanted to test your metal."

"Fucker!" I growl. Imhotep just howls with laughter. 

It takes a moment before the burn stops. My senses are heightened. It's strange to hear the beat of Nina's heart and the rush of her blood. I can now sense the incoming danger.

Nina comes quietly to my side. I squeeze her hand trying to comfort.

"Ouch Nikki." she winces.

"I didn't mean to hurt you." I stroke her hair softly. 

"I know but remember you are stronger then me, for the night anyway." She giggles nervously. 

I hold Nina gently and watch as Imhotep continues to organize.

"Prepare for one of our fathers!" Imhotep orders. "Maybe if we are really good children Daddy will go back to bed."