His Den

We find Set in New York in a penthouse hotel room. Standing before the door I can hear Nina whimper in pain. Osiris touches the lock it clicks open. He leads the way into the suite and stops facing the bedroom. The French doors are open giving a view of the bed. Set has Nina pinned. Cicero gently holds me back. The bastard comes to his feet with a smirk.

"How rude of you to interrupt our moment of intimacy." Set glares sizing up the vampires before him.

"Brother it's not wrong to interrupt a rape." Osiris answers calmly.

"I don't wish to harm the child." Set sighs heavily.

"Than don't." Osiris says stepping closer to his brother. Set backs away warily.

"I want her. I need her. I will have her." Set hisses.

"She is already bound to her children family and to mates. They want her back. Honor their marriage brother. It is our law. Made by us." Osiris states.

"Our laws, you mean your laws. She is my child. I want her." he sneers.

"Could another of your children take her place?" Osiris offers. Nadine comes out from behind Imhotep. She goes to her knees a short distance from Set.

"So Nina has a twin. How delightful. I could take both of them." He chuckles. Nina is finally coming to awareness. The first one she sees is Nadine.

"Sister!" she cries and joins her twin on the floor. Set strokes their hair as they embrace. "

They are so beautiful." he whispers."You are newly made." He pulls Nadine to her feet and gives her a gentle spin. "Nefertiti you are very talented." Nefertiti acknowledges his complement with a slight nod.

"I didn't want this fate for you Nadine." Nina squeezes her sister's hand.

"I was dying. My husband was already gone. I was just waiting to join him. There wasn't much left for me. Besides I've missed you so much and call me Mina." She giggles.

We watch Set as he caresses the twins. His eyes seem distant. Osiris waits patiently for his brothers response. He doesn't want to fight him. Finally Set gently tips Mina's head so she is looking him in his eyes.

"You would sacrifice yourself for your sister without any knowledge of what you face? Not knowing what I have in store for you? Whether I wish to be kind or cruel?" He says softly.

"I would." Mina answers simply. Set's face softens.

"No Mina as much as I want to go home. I won't let you." Nina moans and clings to her sister.

"It's ok Nina. I want to do this for you. Go home to your family and the baby you were finally able to have." Mina insists. She gives her sister a gentle push towards me. Then she takes Set's hand. He brings her hand to his lips to kiss excepting her as his companion. I waste no time reclaiming Nina as mine. She feels so good to have in my arms again.

Osiris bows to his brother. Set bows in return.

"Hopefully my bother our next meeting will be a social occasion." He states and exits the room. In unison we bow to Set the self-proclaimed god and follow on Osiris's heals.

Cicero brought me and Nina home just before dawn. I had already returned to being human again so I had to be carried the rest of the way. I had asked Cicero how many times Imhotep could pull his little trick on me before I actually became a vampire. The man just laughed. I'm not feeling very confident about the lingering side effects now. My wife says the occasional appearance of red flecks in my eyes is sexy, sigh. Cicero also handed over an old book. It's called Vampire children a physical, psychological description and the laws that govern them. Read it he says and chuckles. Apparently Nefertiti has nominated me to Master and keeper of the children at least over Nina and her family. I remind Cicero and Imhotep that I'm human and I have no plans to become one of them. They just smirked at me. How am I a human male supposed to make a gang of supernatural children behave themselves, especially the one I call my wife? Besides don't they realize I have projects I'm in the middle of and an upcoming tour in the works. I sigh. I hope Set is content with Mina. Will the god named the destroyer actually behave himself. I really doubt it. The council and Osiris I'm certain will be watching him closely.

"Nikki please come to bed with me?" Courtney asks breaking into my thoughts. "Nina wants you to tuck her in too." She adds.

"I'm coming." I answer. We all need rest Dorian had kept both Courtney and Ruby awake last night fussing for his mother. He's content and asleep now that he has had his mother's blood.

Entering the bedroom I smile. Courtney sits on the bed with Nina. She is brushing Nina's long black hair. They both wear nightgowns very sexy nightgowns. I think Nina has become Courtney's favorite doll. The vampire child doesn't seem to mind. She loves the attention and Courtney loves to play dress up with her. They both smile back at me. I open the wood chest at the foot of the bed. I had it lined with the softest material for her. It has beautiful carvings too. It's a work of art. I did get the strangest reaction when I had the chest made. I guess the man just brushed it off as me being an eccentric rockstar. I can see my baby is getting sleepy so I lift her and set her gently in her bed. I give her a hug and touch my lips against hers. She sighs and goes limp in my arms. Laying her down I close the lid so she will be safe for the day. Courtney is already under the covers and waiting for me. I crawl in pulling her close to me. I close my eyes trying to sleep without worrying over Set's next move. Her rescue seemed to easy.