Where Nina Sleeps

Nikki's POV

It's breakfast time at the Sixx house. The boys sit munching. Storm hasn't emerged from her room yet.

"Dad," Decker says grabbing my attention. Do you always know where Nina Sleeps?"

I look at Gunner he smirks apparently Decker told his older brother.

"Sometimes but at this moment I don't." I answer truthfully. "Vampires are really secretive about that. They are mostly helpless during the day."

"She trusts you right?" Decker asks.

"Yes," I take a drink of coffee.

"Why?" He steeples his hands. Isn't she worried you might turn on her in fear someday."

"I wouldn't. I also couldn't. I made kind of a pact." I answer.

"How does that work?" He asks.

"We've shared blood." I try to be vague. "For awhile I became her daytime guardian."

"Does it give you any powers?" Gunner interrupts with a grin.

"It makes me stronger. It has also left me with a sometimes irritating mental link with her when she's feeling strong emotions." I shake my head remembering a few nights ago.

"So you can't hurt her, right?" Decker studies me.

"No I don't think so. When I think of her I go soft and feel protective." I answer. "She does the same. What's with all the questions all of a sudden anyway." I watch my son's face. He's being very thoughtful. He sighs dramatically.

"Well I thought you should know. I know where she sleeps." Decker shrugs his shoulders.

"How do you know?" I ask "You shouldn't follow her." It scares me. Nina might be bound other vampires aren't.

"I didn't have to follow her." He takes a bite of toast and points down. "She sleeps underneath the house."

I'm feeling a little shock. I knew she was close. I've been so involved with Courtney and my children. I haven't really been paying attention to Nina.

"Where?" I ask. "Oh just show me."

"Ok." Decker agrees.

I follow my sons out to the backyard. Decker shows me a hidden metal door. It's not locked. I open it carefully. I crawl down the metal ladder telling my sons to stay put. It's a bomb shelter. On one of the bunks is Nina. She is curled up and so still. I move carefully. I barely take a step closer to her and her eyes open just a crack. They are lifeless. Her body inhales. Then her eyes close once more. I have no doubt If I was a stranger I would be dead right now. I turn and climb back up and close the door.

"Stay out Decker, Gunner. I'm not playing around." I command. "She dangerous in this state.

"Ok Dad." They huff.

The sun has set. I watch out the sliding glass door. Nina has risen for the night. Her eyes are red with hunger. She clears my privacy fence without even touching it.

"What was that?" Storm squeaks in shock. I turn to face my daughter. I put my finger to my lips signaling her to be quiet. I don't want Courtney to know yet. I don't want her running away from the crazy guy who consorts with vampires. We are joined by her brothers as I explain. They are excited to add their stories. After so much conversation about Nina. I leave to find her. I head to her favorite hang out and wait.

Nina's POV

I eat boys up, breakfast and lunch
Then when I'm thirsty, I drink their blood
Carnivore, animal, I am a cannibal
I eat boys up, you better run - Kesha

I've already made my kill for the night. I'm now in control of my hunger. I've also changed from my usual little girl dress to an outfit more fitting for the club. The skimpy red dress shows off my assets. I move easily through the crowd and join the group of dancers. The song playing has become one of my favorites lately Cannibal by Kesha. I dance with men and women dazing them tasting them. I let one tall man lift me so I can feed easier. He gently places me back on my feet when I'm finished and I move on to a pretty blonde. I'm enjoying myself and none of my victims are harmed or will remember a thing. As I continue to dance through the crowd I scent someone familiar and giggle. I look into a shadowy corner. Nikki has been watching. I dance my way to him and crawl into his lap.

"See something you like?" I ask seductively.

"Always," he growls. "You make it so had to be faithful." I blur us from the crowd and straddle him. Nuzzling into his neck. I kiss softly then sink my teeth through skin into his vein. He moans his fingers tangle in my hair. His blood is the sweetest I've ever tasted. I groan as I release. I lick to heal. Using my nail I puncture my throat for him. He drinks lazily from me enjoying the sensation running through his body. Absently he caresses my hip and back as he savors my taste. My arousal is growing. I'm so desperate for him I think of compelling him. I won't though freewill is one thing I've always promised. He lets go and licks he's lips. Leaning back in his chair his hands rest on my hips he's still dazed as he fights for control over his lusting mind and body. He opens his eyes. He looks directly into mine. I'm still feeling his blood course through my veins and my blood spreading through his. Each year our mental connection grows especially when we share blood. I'm weak for him.

"I know where you've been sleeping." He whispers. He places his hands on each side of my face.
"Nina you will not harm Courtney or my children. You will never feed on them ever." He commands. I whimper as the command imprints deep in my brain. I'm hurt and angry. He didn't have to do it this way. Using our joined moment of intimacy and weakness. I feel rage at this betrayal of trust. Grabbing his shirt I lift him out of his seat. I growl with frustration and drop him. I can't hurt him. I disappear into the night. My rage is stoked. Someone will suffer.