Passion And The Little Death

Nikki's POV

I loosen my embrace long enough to take Nina back to my chair. Set grins his eyes red.

"I'm hungry where are the children with the main course?" He complains and sniffs the air. "I thought I heard and smelled a human baby. They are are a delicacy." He groans.

My heart feels like it's sunk to the pit of my stomach. Ruby has never been in danger here. Not with Imhotep and Cicero so in love with her. I hear Nina's soft whisper in my mind.

"Dorian is hiding her use your senses."

I listen all I hear is Dorian's heart. I scent the air all I smell is Hybrids. I relax and smile my six month old son has fooled an ancient.

"Ah finally." Set exclaims.

Each child has brought several victims for tonight's so called welcoming feast. No one can leave until Set leaves I feel trapped. I'm sure so do the rest. There are so many dangerously red eyes full of hunger. The children will be busy fulfilling the needs of so many vampires who would normally hunt for themselves. Two are immediately brought to Set then the rest of the vampires feed. Tom brings a big brute of a man to me and Nina.

"I picked this one just for you two. He's a real evil fucker." He smiles proudly. "I have to find some more. Everyone is really hungry." He says and runs for the door.

I wish I had his freedom to leave. I look at Nina freaked.

"You have to." She whispers. "Set is watching. You have teeth use them. Don't worry I will drink most of it. Just taste make sure he sees blood on your lips. I promise it will taste good to you right now."

"That's not reassuring." I whisper back.

I'm hesitant but I do as I'm told and sink my teeth through his skin and drink. I can hear Nina moan with blood lust. I can hear his heart slow and I pull away. Nina lets go and lets the body hit the floor. In her euphoria she presses her lips against mine in a passionate kiss.

"Well done my husband." She whispers between kisses. Then her teeth sink into my neck. I grabbed her wrist and sink my teeth in. Releasing throat and wrist we find each other's blood stained lips again.

"Oh god." I groan.

"Now that's the way it's done." Set roars with enthusiastic laughter.

We pull apart reminded that we have an audience. We were so involved we didn't even realize the bodies were being removed by thralls.

"There are musicians here play something." He demands. He beckons to a mortal woman one with leather collar. He pulls her into his lap and has her enthralled in moments. He bites and drinks slowly then lets her go still breathing. Bria and Erin join him once more this time at the table. I guess they are going to keep him entertained. He kisses and caresses them both. Set seems to be satisfied with his treatment. Nina sits contentedly on my lap and plays gently with my hair. Imhotep and Cicero have started a conversation with Set on the changes the many centuries have brought. He listens with great interest. I'm not getting out of here anytime soon.

"I reached out to Courtney and made arrangements. She will collect us in the morning." Nina whispers in my ear. "She knows we are safe. Tom stopped in and explained things more in-depth to her."

I give her a gentle squeeze in gratitude.

It was near dawn before Set stopped his questions and only because it was time to seek a place to sleep. As it gets closer to sunrise my body has begun to feel so heavy and weak.

"Nina what's wrong with me? I don't feel just tired." I ask a little fear in my voice.

"It's ok. It's nearing dawn. Your body is going through the motions like a vampire except your heart and lungs will only slow. Come lets find a place in the catacombs to sleep."

"What about the babies?" I ask trying to fight the sleep.

"Tara will watch them till Courtney comes for us." She answers. Come love." She leads the way down the stairs into the dark catacombs. She finds an empty shelf built into the wall and pulls me down with her. She hugs me close as I loose consciousness.

Courtney's POV

I arrive at the coven house just after sunrise. I was so anxious I couldn't wait any longer. Tara meets me at the door with Ruby in her arms. I take her and hug her tight.

"Nikki and Nina are asleep below." She says quietly. I'll have some of the men bring them up. They will bring them to your home in a delivery van. That way it shouldn't bring to much attention."

They bring up a coffin sized box. I open it to check on them hoping to reassure myself. Nikki lies inside he's on his back Nina lies on her side her head on his chest. They both look pale and still. They look dead to me. I wasn't prepared to see them like this. Nikki never let me see Nina in her death sleep he thought it might upset me. Just the thought of losing Nikki and seeing him like this makes me want to cry. I close the lid. I take a deep breath and suck it up. They take them to the van as I buckle the babies into their carseats. After thanking and saying my goodbye to Tara. I get into the car and drive home following the van carrying Nikki and Nina. Once home I make them take them out of the make shift coffin. I just couldn't handle leaving Nikki in it. I cover the windows in our bedroom and help them lay Nikki and Nina on the bed. I position them so Nina's head and hand rest once more on Nikki's chest. They looked more like they were sleeping that way. I close the door and wait for sunset. It couldn't happen soon enough for me.