Lover's Blood

Nikki's POV

Hunger is all I feel as my eyes open to the site of my darkened bedroom. My mind is flooded with the need for blood. Every cell in my body thirsts for it. I smell them my wife and babies. I hear the beating of their hearts. The rushing of their blood through their veins. I climb from my bed the need is so strong. I need to feed. I can't think straight. My brain is clouded with red. She smells delicious. I moan and rush the door. I'm suddenly thrown crashing to the floor. I growl at the small figure standing over me. Now I'm hungry and pissed. Leaping to my feet I try to grab the insolent pest. She bounces away then sneaks in and smacks me across my face. Before I can retaliate she dives out the window. I roar and give chase. She clears the fence with me on her heals. I follow her through streets towards the inner city. I smell blood all around me but she keeps taunting me distracting me. She changes direction and heads into a dark alley. There is a man stalking another she tackles him and rides him to the ground. She rips his neck open the smell of his blood hits me and overwhelms. I'm on him. We feed till he's nothing but a dry husk. I collapse against the brick wall at my back my hunger is sated and my anger is gone. Now I can think and I'm horrified.

"Come we have to dispose of the trash." She whispers. She picks up the body and I follow her as she swiftly leaves the ally vanishing from mortal sight. We don't stop again till we are outback of a mortuary. An elderly man comes outside an greets us calmly. He has a gurney brought out for Nina to place the body on. He bows his head slightly and takes it away without a word. "We can go home now."

"Is safe for me to be around them." I ask. Feelings of shame wash over me. I could have killed them if it hadn't been for Nina. She reaches for me and pulls me close.

"It was their blood you sought not their death." She whispers and brushes her lips against mine. "It's a curse on us I think, that the sweetest blood to us is that of the ones we love the most. Don't worry love you will be fully human again before the night is done."

"How Nina do you resist us?" I ask.

"I run away when the hunger seems greater than my love." She sighs. "Feel the night in LA Nikki. I know you have walk these streets many times in the past." She takes my hand and leads the way changing the subject. "Sense it all. I can hear them all human and animals. Their hearts and minds. Can you? I can smell them. The teenage hooker on the corner who supports her son the only way she knows how. The homeless family sleeping in their car. An older man sleeps in an ally a few blocks away. They have learned not to fear me and my family. We have never given them reason to. This is our territory. The people of the street call us angelitos oscuros." She giggles and dances happily around me. She goes still for moment and sniffs the air. Her eyes turn red. She dashes off leaving me to follow behind. A few blocks away a bunch of young men and boys harass a young woman. Nina charges into the middle of them and stands in front of the woman. They laugh.

"You want to have fun too." They taunt.

Nina smiles showing her teeth her eyes shine red.

"Sure." She giggles and all hell breaks out. I thought about helping her but she seemed like she was having to much fun beating the shit out of the gang bangers who am I to intrude. She finally sends them running. She dusts off her hands and helps the woman to her feet.

"Go home now." She compels her. The woman leaves.

"You think they would learn." She grouchs. "This isn't the first time they have encroached. I guess we should go home. You won't be vampire much longer."

Nina's POV

I dance around him as we head home. He will be human again soon. I've always found him gorgeous but him as a vampire is breathtaking. I want him. I won't press him though. He's keeping his promise.

"Do you want to race? I'll give you a head start." I giggle. He doesn't say a word he takes off in a dead run. "Asshole!" I dash after him. Catching up with him I taunt him as I pass him. We rush around corners of buildings and over cars dodging unaware mortals as we race for home. He pushes himself to match my pace. I see the fence that encloses his backyard and I'm only inches in front of him. We both take to the air to clear the fence. I'm slightly ahead. He snatches me from midair and we crash into the ground. We roll till he's on top.

"I won." He laughs.

"Let's just call it a tie." I giggle.

I smell his arousal as he leans down for a kiss. His lips claim mine gently. I can feel his controlled power and strength. I'm getting high off it. I find his neck and bite. His blood is so sweet and spicy at the same time.

"Excuse me." Courtney interrupts. She stands at the backdoor hands on her hips. We untangle and come to our feet with an eerie unnatural ease. He approaches her his hand still holding mine. She's hit by his charisma he's not doing it on purpose. He's carrying the blood of a several thousand year old vampire. He's intoxicating. I watch her eyes glaze. He touches her cheek and slides his fingers down to her neck. Caressing he eventually finds her hand. He leads us to their bedroom. I try to pull back. He turns to me his green eyes shining they are full of red flecks. I'm lost in them the compulsion is to much for me to resist. I follow him to the bed obediently. He wants both of his wives tonight and he's not taking no for an answer.

"Take off your clothes." He says softly.

His eyes glow red as we strip slowly before him. Once we are bare. He beckons us to him. We crawl on to the bed. He tugs Courtney to him and kisses her gently. I want him too. I cuddle up to his side and nuzzle his neck kissing softly. I hear Courtney whimper. He's has her his teeth sunk into her neck. He groans as he reluctantly releases his bite. Laying her on her on her back. He stands and begins to pull off his clothes. I help him strip caressing his bare skin as it is exposed. Her eyes never leave our husband and lover. She reaches for him and he covers her with his body. I caress them both. I touch and stroke her breasts. Our minds have linked and we feel each others sensations. We moan together as he penetrates Courtney. He restrains his passion as he thrusts in fear of hurting her. His strength radiates from him. But he touches her like she is the finest porcelain. She is caught by the vampire Her arousal grows with each thrust I can feel it build. I rub against them needing them. I kiss and caress their skin as they rock together. She begins to bow against him her body trembling. He growls in triumph as she cums crying his name. Feeling her orgasm, Hearing her whimper and mew in satisfaction leaves me shaking in need. I whimper as my red eyed lover's eyes fall on me. He pulls away from our mate, drags me under him and thrusts deep. I growl with happiness it has been so long without his sex. I bite drawing blood it's so good. His teeth sink into my neck tasting. I wrap my arms around him as he continues to thrust slowly. I've never had him be so gentle with me. It's new and sweet. His kisses and nips are soft. Courtney is barely with us her mind is so sleepy. She is cuddled close her fingertips gently caressing us. We hold tight as we cum. He kisses me and rolls to my side. I stroke his face as his eyes go from red to shining green. His skin goes from pale to his normal tone. He smiles as he drifts to sleep. His heart still beating and his lungs still breathing. He is mortal again.