The Letter and some secrets

Nina's POV

I'd had a great time at the concert and Vince is a few pints short tonight. Hey at least I waited till after the concert. We are walking pass the front deck when someone calls my name. He hands me a letter which I thank him for. I might have smiled but a letter from the higher ups isn't usually a good thing. I sit on the bed and read it. In the next city we're going to some drug dealers have supposedly captured a fledgling and are bleeding him or her to add a kick to their drugs. They want me to confirm the situation.

I've been chewing on the idea of the letter like a dog with a bone. Now I sit on the bus looking out the window. I know I'm pouting. I don't like to be singled out by the old ones. I prefer to stay anonymous.

"What is eating you Nina?" Nikki quips. I Hand over the letter I got to him. I go back to starring.

"So they want you to confirm the rumors." He says. "Why you?"

"Yes and to answer why is because I can reach other vampire minds from a great distance." I sigh. "They want me to call them in if it's true."

"That doesn't seem like a big deal." Nikki says as he Sits across from me. Mick comes and sits next to me.

"It wouldn't be so bad if I wasn't a pariah to them and disposable." I groan. "We street rats are barely tolerated and I'm kinda known to cause trouble sometimes. I don't mean to."

"Well do what they want and then bug out." Mick says as he pulls me close.

"That's the plan." I whisper. I'm scared though I'm not sure why I've done errands before. All of us children have. We're only tolerated because some of us are gifted. It irritates me though no matter how old I get I will always be a childe to them. I sigh it does have it's perks sometimes. I wrap my arms around Mick.
"I'm hungry." I smile sweetly. "Feed me."

Nikki's POV

Why doesn't it surprise me that Nina is known as a troublemaker. I watch as she takes Mick further back on the bus. It has become somewhat routine Mick first then me. Looking away I find my notebook and begin writing down my thoughts for the day. It's probably against the rules to write about them, but I've never been much for rules anyway. I know she's still young in vampire years. Damn she is still younger then me. I wonder how old the other one I saw is. He must have been really young when he was changed I'm guessing around 12. Nina seems to have a great deal of respect for him. There is so much I don't know. But these are things I do know. She's afraid to sleep out in the open even in a darkened room. She's ferocious on the hunt, but gentle as can be with Mick. She seems to have a sense of wrong and right. Does she still have a soul. I don't really know.

"Nikki I'm going to bed." Mick heads for the back bed. I notice Mick is walking easier I'm glad she eases his pain. Moving to the couch I smile at Nina who is curled up on the other one. She smiles back as I lay down.

Before I know it she's on top of me.
"I wish you wouldn't do that." I groan. She just giggles. She doesn't waste anytime. She nuzzles my neck and sinks her teeth into my flesh. It's like two little needles and then the euphoria. I moan gripping her tight. My dick is so hard. She pulls away. Using her nail she punctures her neck for me. I crush her to me and drink. The rush is intense. I feel so strong. She rubs against me. I Slide my hands down her back. I reach her ass and pull her against my hard on. The wound on her neck has began heal. I moan as I maneuver her onto her back. My mind starts to clear and I realize what I'm doing. I jerk away. I look down at her. Her eyes are wide and red. She looks so confused and flustered. I let her go so we can both sit up. She's shaking Damn it did I scare her. I'm somewhat amused at that thought she is a vampire. She moves slowly back to me and climbs into my lap.
"Did I do something wrong?" She whispers.
"No baby." I answer putting my arm around her. "Can I ask you some things?" Changing the subject.
"Like what?" She cocks her head.
"Like how did you become a vampire?" I ask. At first I don't think she was going to tell. She sighs.
"I'd just turned fifteen the weekend before the county fair. My parents had dropped off my friend and I telling us to stay together and have fun. My friend's boyfriend showed up and I became a third wheel. They went on the Ferris wheel together. I wandered off to find the bathroom." She pauses for a moment. "I didn't realize I had been followed. The man pulled me into the shadows. He tried to rape me but he couldn't. So he began to stab me instead." She winces.

I'm feeling like shit over my behavior now as I continue to listen.

"I didn't realize a person could be stab like that and still be alive. Then he was gone and a cold soft touch replaced the violence. A warm voice told to me drink and I did."
"What happened to the creep?" I ask.
"He was my first meal." She answers coldly. I smirk just desserts there.
"Who's the boy I saw that night at the concert?
"That would be William and he is over two hundred years old." She sighs and blushes.
"Ah your boyfriend?" I grin. She snickers.
"He's been my Lover for five years now." She rolls her eyes. "I'm not a teenager." I arch an eyebrow and she starts to laugh dispelling the sadness and tension that had built up. She suddenly goes still in my arms. The sun has come up. I place her in her niche. Before I close the curtain I touch her cheek. Nina is becoming an obsession. I love my wife, but I want this little monster.