Just a Little Kick

Nina's POV

I wake and pull the curtain open Nikki and the rest of the band sit around the cramped table talking. Turning away I hide my eyes till I can get my hunger under control. Vince smiles at me.
"Hey Nina haven't see much of you lately." He says. "Oh you've seen a lot more of me then you know." I whisper and smile innocently back at him.
"Uncle Mick doesn't let me roam much" I pout.
"You really think I'd let her hang with you two." Mick snorts.
"I'm so offended." Tommy pops off then starts to laugh. I like Tommy and he just might be on tonight's menu. I sigh and lose my good humor I have an errand to run. I need to figure out how to escape my guardians. I don't want them to follow me.
"Mick I'm hungry." I say as I look out the window and notice we are at a hotel.
"Well go ahead, but don't stray far." Mick answers. I wander outside and towards the end of the bus as I'm about take off. I hear Nikki behind me.
"Where are you going really?" He asks.
"You know what I have to do." I roll my eyes at him.
"Why are you sneaking off?" He asks.
"Because I was afraid you would follow." I pout a little.
"Then just let me come." He smirks.
"No this could get dangerous." I groan.
"I'll follow." He says crossing his arms.
"Fine." I give in.
"I got a car." He smiles. He takes my hand and leads me to a black car.

I don't know why it has to be me there are other vampires in this city. I sense them. I direct Nikki towards an industrial part of the city. Thank god he had chosen a vehicle less flashy as we pull up close to a bunch of warehouses and park. I can smell the fledgling. She's nearly bled out.
"Stay in the car." I tell Nikki as I exit the car. "Where do you think your going?" I ask him as he gets out anyway.
"With you." He insists.
"You know I'm quite capable of taking care of myself.
"Yes. How many men are in there?" He asks changing the subject.
"So many." I wince. "This is gonna be a bloodbath." I search their minds one by one. "Oh god Nikki. They all know." I moan in anguish.
"Can't you help some of them." Nikki searches my eyes.
"No. They not only know of us. They have tortured a vampire. The ones who didn't touch her are still guilty by association. Vampire justice is swift and very brutal." I say bluntly. I close my eyes and reach out for the council members. Six answer my call three males, three females. Two of which are Ancients making me whimper a little. I'm not a chicken, but they are like walking marble.
"Nikki go. Wait in the car." I whisper. For once he does as he's told. I can't protect him. The old ones can be reasoned with. The ancients not so much. I bow my head in deference and fear. Before I even realize what's happening the ancient woman has Nikki stroking him gently.

"You have a pretty pet." She smiles. My heart nearly stops. His eyes are dazed as he rests against her. Cicero mentally sends me her name and saves my ass.
"Yes Lady Nefertiti." I curtsy. "I'm very fond of him."
"Yes it is easy to get attached." She runs her hand under his shirt. "So tall and such pretty eyes. But I do not take what belongs to another." She sighs and lets him go. I catch him and put him in the car.
"Rest Nikki even her mental pull is intoxicating." I whisper as I close the car door.

"You are going in. You will retrieve the fledgling child." The male ancient says. "As the oldest and only one of the children here you are responsible. I do as I'm told I'm not suicidal.
"Are we ready?" Cicero directs his question to Enki the ancient. We move together as we enter and the slaughter begins. I head for the fledgling she looks so young. She is emaciated her cheeks are sunken in. I see her bones through her skin. Smiling I see one of her tormentors trying to escape through a door. He doesn't get far I snatch him up and drag him struggling and screaming to my new baby. With one hand I untie her and gently guide her to his neck to drink. I hold him immobile while she suckles. Once he's empty I grab another. My eyes have turned red my hunger has taken hold. The smell of blood is so thick in the air the demon has taken over. I drag her with me as we feed like the rest. She finally pulls away as her strength returns to feed on her own. I grab another I feel bloated, but I can't stop I'm to far gone. I snap his neck in my frenzy. We feed till no human is left standing.

It's over I stand in the silence looking at my hands and dress. I'm covered in blood. I feel sick. Feeling a blanket being gently draped over my shoulder I glance up at Cicero.
"Come on little ones lets get you two out of here." He says softly. I just nod my head and follow him to the car. Nikki sits inside waiting his face pale. He leans close to Nikki after we get in.
"Drive fast, drive very fast." He giggles crazily. Nikki doesn't question he slams the car into gear and the peddle to the floor. We make it a good distance when it all goes up in one major explosion that shakes the city for several blocks.
"Holy Fuck!" Nikki howls still speeding. "How are they gonna explain that!"