A Baby Cries 2019

Cicero's POV

"This is not your first warning Victor You've been told to stay out of the crypt of the sleepers. They are not your test subjects. Now I find you molesting my daughter while she sleeps." I growl. I drag him kicking and screaming up the winding stairs. Once we reach the council and gathering room I toss him to the floor. "He's been at it again." I inform those within. "This time Nina was his victim." Others rise and gather around. Wolfie, Razzle, and Brian among them.

"Wait wait Cicero!" he cringes. "Let me explain."

"What that you've violated one the female sleepers again." A normally mellow Elvis comes forward eyes red.

"But It worked this time! It worked!" Victor exclaims.

"What worked Victor?" I sigh and rub my temples. I'm not usually ill tempered but this man really tries my patience.

"Bring the child Lea." he grins his eyes lit manically.

She brings the child quickly and lays him in my arms. He's a hybrid. His scent is like Nina.

"My Little Nina has a son? How is this?" I ask Victor.

"An egg from her, a male donor, and human surrogate."

"How extraordinary." I whisper. "How is the human woman?"

"She is recovering." he answers.

"Good." I respond. "Who is the male donor?"

"Her guardian Mr Sixx. I thought their blood exchange would up the success rate." he looks away from me.

"Of course you had his permission right?" I ask as I cradle the baby.

"Um No. I have things in my lab to take care of." he answers fearfully and disappears.

"Tom!" I call. I blink and the childe is in front of me. "Would you mind going and informing Mr Sixx that his presents is requested at the coven house?"

"Yes sir." He answers and he's gone.

Victor is so skittish. I really wanted to question him further. Dahlia was young when I was forced to turn her we had hoped for children but she had contracted the black plague
and was dying. Maybe he could help her. It wouldn't matter if the child is mine. Her joy would be enough. I cuddle the babe closer as he begins to cry.

"Oh I imagine you are hungry." I smile he is healthy and letting everyone know he's hungry. He needs human milk and vampire blood to grow strong at least for the first couple years. There are a few nursing mothers. I wonder if his surrogate would be willing. The room suddenly goes quiet except for the baby. Looking I see why, Nina stands her head cocked watching curiously.

"Nina my sweet child." I Whisper in awe. Her baby's cries have woken her. Imhotep comes up behind her and supports her. Nina is weak from her long sleep.
"Razzle I have a use for our murderous fake vampire." Razzles smirks gleefully and leaves to retrieve our prisoner.

Watching my daughter Nina curled up with her little son feeding him her blood is something I couldn't have imagined. The surrogate isn't interested in feeding him milk. I hope one of the other new mothers will offer. I'm sure the child is what woke Nina. I'm overjoyed to have her back.

Nikki's POV

I can hear Nina. She's awake. Her emotions are so full of joy. I"m already out the door with my family in tow when Tom greets me.

"I know she's awake." I grin.

"There is another surprise for you." he laughs mischievously.

"What?" I ask hoping he will spill.

"You will find out." he giggles and vanishes.

Courtney and I take a drive to the LA Coven House. We are met by a very happy Cicero and Imhotep.

"There is something you both should know." Cicero states.

"Is Nina ok? All I feel from her is happiness." I ask confused.

"She is amazingly well for one who has just woken." Imhotep grins. "She is already been told the date and year. She being brought up to date by her family."

"Victor our resident scientist has managed a interesting feat. He has helped Nina have a child your child."

I'm blow away and not sure how I feel. I had that procedure done for Courtney.

"Oh I want to see the baby." Courtney giggles and sneaks around them. I follow behind her. Nina sits curled up with a newborn. Her family are gathered around her. Courtney doesn't even worry as she curls up on the couch with her. Ruby is only a week old. They sit together and coo over each others babies. Nina looks at me her eyes wide begging for acceptance. I can't deny her anything. I come closer and take the baby in my arms. He's beautiful.

"Have you named him?" I ask Nina.

"Dorian. Do you like it?" she asks shyly.

"Yes I like it Nina." I answer softly. He begins to fuss.

"He wants milk. I can give him the blood he needs but not the milk. He needs that the most." Nina looks upset. "He won't be healthy if he doesn't have it."

"Here let me." Courtney hands Ruby to Nina and takes Dorian from me. She puts him to her breast. He takes her nipple gently and nurses contentedly. Nina lays her head on Courtney's shoulder to be close to her son. Over my shock I cozy up to wife and Nina and gaze at my newborn son and my week old daughter. I can see some of myself in their tiny faces. How am I going to explain my extended family. There's no doubt in my mind Nina and Dorian are coming home with us. We've missed Nina so much. Now with the baby she is gonna need our help. The baby needs care while she sleeps.

The children suddenly scatter. Across the room I see some of the vampires have gathered. This can't be good. Some of counsel members are present. Enki, Rihat, Dahlia, Cicero, and Wolfgang are in a heated discussion. Imhotep is quiet for the moment. I approach carefully if this is about my son I want to know.

"This has never happened before." Rihat complains."We have a strict rules about hybrids. There was no permission given. There is no marriage. Who is going to keep this hybrid from running a muck."

"Are you finished Rihat." Cicero asks sounding irritated.

"Neither parent is at fault of the issues you brought up." Imhotep states.

"Why not let the three marry?" Wolfgang asks already bored and wanting to return to his composing.

"Children don't have the right to marry or to have babies. It should just be smothered!" Rihat hisses.

"No!" I feel such rage at his comment. I try to charge forward I'm caught by Imhotep. Rihat growls eyes red.

"Don't even think about it!" Imhotep glares warning him off.

"Control that pet then." Rihat backs down.

Imhotep holds me still.

"Calm yourself Nikki my friend no one is going to harm your son." he reassures.

Enki chuckles in amusement.

"You are wrong Rihat there are times when children are allowed marriage. They just need two sponsors." Enki smirks. He seems to enjoy sticking it to Rihat. "One from the supreme council me and one from the LA council."

Razzle rushes forward.

"Me I will." He smirks at Rihat.

"Let me speak alone with Mr sixx." Cicero pulls me aside. "Nikki if you three don't consent to a triad vampire marriage. They will take yours and Nina's son away and place him with another couple or Triad. It's our law.