The Aftermath

Nikki's POV

I realize my horrible mistake to late. She's gone in a blink of an eye. I can feel her rage. It's not subsiding. It's building she is blind with it and She's lose on the streets of LA. I dash to my car and try to follow. She doesn't stop till she comes to a rundown house. The lights are on as she circles sniffing and growling. I slam on my breaks and jump out of the car in hopes to stop her. I'm to late. She crashes through a window and I hear the first scream. I have to stop this, but I'm grab from behind its Cicero. Rihat and Imhotep are with him. I hear a gun fire and more screams. I can taste blood in my mouth and feel her blood lust. Then it's silent. Imhotep enters and comes out with a blood covered pissed off Nina. He holds her without difficulty even with her thrashing.

"They should all be hunted down and killed." Rihat states. "With their immature minds they have no self control."

"Oh come now Rihat if you killed them. Who would run all your errands." Imhotep chuckles as he continues to cuddle Nina who has finally gone limp in his arms. I look at the house feeling kinda sick.
"Don't suffer so Mr Sixx. The shit they were mixing would have killed several humans. She has done the authorities a favor." Imhotep smiles benignly.

"Well she still picked the right prey. Don't you think Rihat?" Cicero smirks.

"I'll send clean up." Rihat Grumps and takes off.

"Go ahead and take our baby back to the coven house Imhotep. I need to speak with Nina's pet."

He's never called me that before so I know he's pissed. There is no escape from him anyway. So I just stand and wait. He puts his arm around me.

"I have a dilemma. I have sworn to protect you and your loved ones from everything but natural death. It's a blood oath I can't break. But you pet have broken my little girl's heart. What should I do? Hmm I know something and it won't kill you. It will hurt." He smiles coldly. He touches my chest. "Feel her heartbreak."
I collapse with tears in my eyes the emotional pain is so intense it feels like someone is squeezing my heart. Cicero lets me slide to the ground and he disappears. It takes me awhile before I climb back into my car and drive home. Once I'm home I collapse on the couch I can't sleep. I'm feeling Nina's pain. Damn if she didn't also take several bullets. Finally it's all replaced by numbness an emptiness. I'm getting vague visions of William going to ground. Her family of children abandoning her out of fear. The older vampires to busy to notice her hurt. Then me using a moment more intimate to her then sex to make a power play. I had no idea she would see it that way. I should have, it's also a mental link with her. Through the years we have share so many thoughts and memories. It's the only time she can really touch my mind. The link is so strong maybe It can go both ways. I settle my mind and start to send her warm and gentle thoughts.

Nina's POV

Imhotep insists on bathing me himself. I'm grumpy I could do it myself. He strips and pulls me into the shower with him. He hums as he washes my hair. The bullet wounds hurt and are always kinda slow to heal. My body has to expel them before they close and It's part of my punishment. I'm being forced to mend on my own. The bullets finally fall to the shower floor with a slight clink. I sigh as the wounds close. After I'm clean by Imhotep's high standards. I'm ushered into the main room. Cicero waits quietly. Brian smirks at me. He was my romp on the beach. He has made it clear he wouldn't mind a continuation of our encounter. I'm one of the children it's frowned upon. Children aren't supposed to stray from their gangs. Besides I'd just be a pet.

Imhotep sits me on his lap stroking my hair. I look around the room. The LA coven is one of largest second only to New York. It's made up musicians, actors, and artists. Some famous some not. Six members are here tonight. Marc Bolen, Brain Jones and Razzle sit together. Elvis sits to the left of them looking bored. Janice Joplin sits day dreaming with her head resting on Elvis's shoulder. Wolfgang sits in the high seat. LA has always been a good place for the children gangs. They rule with a light hand. I see Rihat standing in a dark corner looking very annoyed. This is LA territory and this isn't a High Council matter.

Brian gives Razzle a little push.

"I'll speak for her." Razzle grins and winks at me.

"Razzle has the floor." Wolfgang states sounding distracted.

"As far as I see the little girlie did us a favor. That bunch has caused us nothing but trouble." Razzle says and takes a drink of his blood laced Jack.

"I agree with Razzle the little darling did us a favor. Whatever the punishment is it it should be lenient Wolfie." Elvis smirks.

"Yes, yes well I guess. For her lack of judgement and control. She will be on probation. You will keep to the coven house except to a one time feed. Also you will be on hand to run errands and to serve our guests. This will last a month." He leaves still very distracted whistling a tune he's probably composing. The coven might not socialize with us but they have a soft spot for us underdogs. Even when we are rebellious. I watch Rihat stomp off having a hissy fit.

I relax feeling drained and empty. Imhotep is cuddling me but it doesn't seem to help. I know he loves me in his way. I just lay limp and unresponsive. I close my eyes. I feel my connection with Nikki it's so strong. He's feeling all my emotions. I wonder who could manage that. Cicero avoids eye contact. He is one of a few with that particular gift. Feeling Nikki's mind I sigh he's sending his memories of us. Mostly though it just emotions. Warm loving emotions that I let wash over me. I snuggle against Imhotep who kisses the top of my head. I can't help but forgive as he reaches out to try to heal the wounds he made in my mind. I help him ease into sleep. I catch a few imagines from his dreams before I gently distance our minds. I whimper at the loss and decide I don't want to sleep alone.

"Father can I sleep with you tonight?" I smile sweetly up at Imhotep. I want his attention very badly. I might have asked Cicero but he has already disappeared. He doesn't like to be separated to long from his wife.

"Of course you can my sweet baby." He gives me an adoring look and kisses my lips. I moan softly. He picks me up gently and takes me down into the dark catacombs of the LA coven house. He finds his sarcophagus. Laying down he settles me on top of him. There is still time before sunrise. He kisses and caresses me into a sweet daze. I begin to feel the heaviness of my limbs as my death sleep creeps over me. Imhotep pulls the lid closed and holds me tight as we fall into oblivion.