Alone 2010

Nikki's POV

It's over between me and Katherine. It blows my mind how one day she says she loves me then several weeks later she's in another mans arms. And here I am lying alone in a bed in a hotel in Mobile, Alabama. I've been thinking about Nina. I would really like her companionship right now. Someone to talk to, to touch.

I'm startled out of my thoughts by a knock on my window. Climbing out of bed I wonder over to check it out. I hear a mischievous giggle that makes me smile.

"Let me in?" She says sweetly.

I unlatch the window and let her in she is immediately in my arms.

"Damn Nina you just about knocked me flat." I grin as I Put her reluctantly down.

"Sorry I'm just so happy to see you." she states with a sigh.

I close the window and pull the curtain closed. I turn to her and let myself gaze at her. I've missed her.

"I can't believe you're here." I whisper and pull her into my embrace once more.

"I heard you call. You sounded so sad." She answers quietly.

"I thought you were still in Dallas. I didn't expect you to come" I say.

"I was in New Orleans and I can move very fast." She smirks.

I pull her onto the bed and hold her close her skin feels so soft. Feeling her nuzzle my neck I relax waiting for the sensation of her teeth sinking into my flesh. She teases with kisses and nips before she finally gives in and tastes. Moaning I crush her to me my hands caressing her body through her dress. She lets go and gently urges me to a cut on her neck. I drink and renew our bond. Finding the hem of her little blue sun dress I slide my hand under and stroke her thigh. Damn I wish this wasn't her favorite disguise. It really fucks with me. She softly growls. Looking into her eyes that have grown red with lust. I wonder if my feelings are real or is it just the blood.

"What is it Nikki? You seem so distracted and not by me." She pouts and then giggles.

"Just wondering why I'm such a fuck up at relationships." I say in a half truth.

"You will always have me." She giggles trying to lighten my mood.

I roll so she's on top me and I pull her to me for a kiss.

"I guess I do." I sigh and kiss her again this time with more passion.

She interrupts our play gently and smells the air.

"Hunters" she growls.

"After you?" I ask I can already feel the urge to protect Adrenalin flooding my brain and spreading through my muscles.

"Easy Lover they are not after me." she whispers.

"Who then?" I ask confused.

"A very old Vampire. If he wasn't distracted by his mate, they wouldn't dare while he was awake." she hisses.

She moves to the door and opens it. I follow close behind as we enter the hall. I watch as a man helps a pregnant women who's obviously in labor to a room close to mine. Nina and the man make eye contact.

"You are being followed." Nina says quietly. He takes a sniff of the air and groans.

I've never seen a vampire so weakened. His eyes are sunk in I can see some of his bones.

"Don't worry I will handle them there are only two." Nina reassures him. "Just take care of your mate. He nods and carries the women into their room leaving us alone in the hall. Nina walks a short distance and waits. It wasn't long before two armed men came towards us.

"Sir you should take your child back to your room. There is a criminal up here." one of the men warns us.

"Oh really." She comments. I can hear the sarcasm drip from each word. "I think the only criminals I see are standing in front of me." They try to charge her but they can't she is already inside their minds. But she is struggling to hold them. "Nikki it's the herbs they ingest. I can't hold them both." she cries out as I watch one break loose. I step in front of her and intercept the bastard. I know she could break them like twigs, but she can't do that here there could be witnesses. Twisting his arm behind his back I smash him against the wall and hold him there. Nina quickly sends the other packing without the memory of us and the vampire he was hunting. She grabs the man from me and wipes his mind too. They stumble away dazed and confused.

Following her once more we enter the room. The male vampire is feeding his mate from his arm.

"It won't be long." Nina states.

"very Close." He agrees.

"May I help?" She asks and bows her head.

"Your mental capabilities are very strong, so yes please." He answers softly.

She sits on the bed and gently touches the women's cheek and whispers

"No pain." and just like that the women relaxes.

It's amazing to see Nina help bring a new life into this world. She seems so gentle and confidant. Her attention is completely on women and child. I didn't even realize vampires could have children. That's a new one on me.

After a few hard pushes the baby makes her appearance.
"She's here." Nina says sweetly gently cradling a squirming baby in her hands. She uses her nail to sever the cord and ties it with a shoes lace she found in their bag. Then she hands the baby to her mother.

"Thank you for your assistance." The vampire bows formally. "I'm in your debt. May I ask your name?"

"I'm Nina and this is my guardian Mr. Sixx." Nina answers.

"I am Cassius and this is my wife Eugena." He Smiles. And thank you again."

"We will leave you and your wife to get to know your little one." Nina bows and ushers me out the door.

Once back in my room she washes her hands and sits quietly on the bed.

"I didn't know vampires could have babies." I comment.

"Only Male vampires with human females. Female vampires never" She answers sadly. She still sits her arms wrapped around her legs tears coming to her eyes. I don't say a word. Because well I don't know what to say. What could you say to a child woman whose life ended before it even began. I just pull her close and wrap myself around her hoping my touch will ease her heart.