A Strong Bond

I rest in Set's lap as he caresses me. I think of my twin. She's sick and needs me. I won't let her know I'm there. I think of my family. I think of Nikki and the many years I stayed away. Like my twin I wanted him to have a normal human life. Watching from a distance I longed for him for years. My family were sympathetic of my plight even William my lover. I checked in on him and his children as often as I could. The night he caught me in Frankie's nursery I was only there for a peek at the baby. Then his wife caught me and all my good intentions went to hell. I chuckle sweetly to myself. Who I'm kidding it was when he took me to his couch and we made love. I sigh as Set runs his fingertips up my thigh. I look up at my father. It's not that I couldn't love him. It's just that my heart is already taken. I wish he could understand. Why does he have to be difficult? All my fathers hold and caress me. They cuddle me. They protect me. They let me love the ones I choose and that's Nikki and Courtney. At first I went to my family for physical love. It upset Nikki so I quit. I love him and my children family. I'm confused. I had learned to curb my jealousy when he took lovers. Well to be fair he was pretty oblivious to our growing bond. I sigh softly. I've been shielding my thoughts from Set. Now I feel him pushing into my mind. He lifts me in his arms as he stands. He walks the short distance to the bed and lays me down. Joining me he pins me with half of his body. He continues his exploration sliding his hand under my dress. Our eyes meet he pierces deeper into my mind.

"Please no Father." I whimper. I shiver as he slips his fingers inside my panties and strokes my pussy.

"So your husband is human. So is his other wife. I should have recognized Imhotep's little parlor trick. Ah They deny you their bed. So very sad. I would never deny you my body. You would have all of me my blood and mind at your sweet fingertips." He sighs. "I must give him credit he is willing to fight for you. He makes a magnificent vampire."

"Stop Father." I moan. I'm mesmerized by his eyes. I try to fight. I'm losing. He slips deeper into my mind as easily as he slips his fingers inside of me. I whimper the guilt washing over me. I should be stronger.

"Your bond with him runs deep. I wish I didn't have to compel you. My desire only grows stronger with each moment I have you. I'm going to sever that connection. Then I'll make you mine mind and body." His eyes narrow.

"No!" I cry. I shove at his mental hold. The pain hits. He thrusts deep and tears at the thread that holds me to Nikki.

Nikki's POV

We're on our way to Idaho to speak with Nina's twin when I'm hit.

"Oh god." I groan in pain. I feel Cicero steady me.

"He's began his claiming." Cicero sighs sadly. "First he has to sunder your bond."

"She's strong she will hold out. I have no doubt that her twin will agree to our plan." Imhotep states trying to reassure.

I'm growing furious as I feel her pain intensify.

"This is not a fight we will win with violence." Osiris tells me softly.

"Let's get this show on the road boys if we're going to rescue Nina." Nefertiti huffs and grabs me taking off in a run.

In a short time we find ourselves gathered around the bed of a very sick woman. Nina's twin has been suffering from cancer. She has been putting up an amazing fight. Nina had been keeping tabs on her. Before Set's interference she had planned on giving her twin a miraculous recovery. Now we are here to ask her to join her twin as a vampire. Nina won't be happy. It was Osiris's idea to trade one twin for the other if Nadine is willing. I feel guilty for asking. Wanting Nina back is overriding that guilt.  She startles awake fear in her eyes. We must all look like demons or reapers. Cicero steps towards the bed to be our spokesperson. She cringes.

"Don't be afraid. We are friends of Nicole." Cicero soothes.

"My sister is dead." Nadine answers.

"Yes and no." He says.

"How can she be both?" She asks.

"By being like us." He motions to us.

She glances at us.

"You're vampires." She stutters.

"The human catches on fast." Imhotep chuckles.

"Can I see her? I've missed her so much." She says as tears escape her eyes.

"You could but one of our elders have stolen her from her rightful mate." Cicero gestures towards me.

"Aren't you Nikki Sixx? You're a vampire? You're married to my sister?" She cocks her.

"Yes and no, but he's been riding the fence for long while now." Cicero answers for me chuckling. "As the last question Yes and he wants her back. We want to know if you would be willing to help."

"How? I can barely move." She whispers.

"By becoming like us and taking her place with Set." Cicero tells her bluntly.

She looks at me.

"Do you love my sister?" She queries.

"Yes." I answer simply.

"My children have grown and moved away. My husband has been gone for years now. I'm dying anyway. So yes I'll do it." She says weakly

There is one more thing. You know your twin changed at fifteen?" He touches her hand gently.

"Yes." She shrugs.

"To make the bargain with Set. You will have to be physically fifteen again." He tells her.

For a moment I think she's going to change her mind. Then she answers.

"Ok."

It's making me feel guilty again. They didn't give her her other option. They could have healed her.