A New Lover 12/2010

Nikki's POV

I wake to a familiar feeling. Opening my eyes I see Nina laying across the bed from me and Courtney. She is smiling her teeth glistening in the low light. Her eyes red and suspicious. I pull my new lover closer to me. Nina leans close and sniffs her. Sometimes introducing my new girlfriends to Nina is like introducing a new baby to the family pet. I guess I can't blame her after the Kat Von D incident. She's very wary.

"Do you approve Miss Nina?" I whisper and stroke her silken hair. Her eyes shift from red to her normal dark brown. They still have that supernatural shine.

"She doesn't stink." Nina giggles. I roll my eyes at her. She touches Courtney gently and her sleep deepens.

"Nina what did you do that for?" I ask a bit annoyed.

"I want your attention." She says sweetly her eyes wide. I know she could compel me but she never has. I leave the bed and pull on some sleep pants. I take Nina by the hand and lead her into the den. Once I'm seated she crawls onto my lap. She cuddles close and I encircle her with my arms. I feel her sweet little kisses on my neck. Then I feel her teeth. Two needles entering my vein. She feeds slowly making soft little pleasure sounds. I pull her tighter against me. She lets go and makes a gash on her neck for me. I take suck the sharing of blood is pure ecstasy. I want her it would be so easy to have her straddle me and for her to take me inside. I think of the woman in my bed. I'm starting to have feelings for her. So I don't act on my thoughts. I let go of Nina's neck and lick my lips. She smiles up at me.

"I see you've been released on your own again." I grin.

"Yeah I was in trouble deep." She giggles. "I thought the council of elders were gonna pop. They were so angry. Imhotep took responsibility for me. I can't use some of my abilities without council permission now and it took a long long time to heal after the fight. I was also on probation. That's why it took so long to see you again" She pouts.

I'm so sorry sweetheart." I Empathize with her. It's probably not a bad thing they put some controls on her. I'd witnessed her strength. It was frightening.

I snuggle her to me. Stroking her long black hair I sigh I just turned 52 earlier this month. I study Nina she stopped aging physically and somewhat mentally at 15. That's why the children are watched so carefully. They are killers with a child's mentality. Nina is gentle for what she is as long as you don't piss her off. She's lived 38 years. I wonder what she would have been like if she had been allowed to become a mature woman. She tugs at my hair.

"Sorry." I chuckle. In my deep thoughts I had stopped caressing her. I give her a chaste kiss and she coos at me. She's such a sweet little monster. I run my hand under her sun dress and stroke the inside of her thigh. She shivers and whimpers. I shouldn't tease if I'm not going to finish. Her skin is so soft though. My mind is always in conflict between her and my human lover. She whispers sweet nothings in my ear. I'm feeling suddenly sleepy. She slips off my lap and leads me back to the bedroom. She kisses my cheek.

"I love you Nikki." She whispers.

"I love you too Nina." I whisper back. Then she's gone. I crawl back into bed and fall immediately asleep.

Nina's POV

It's always good to see Nikki but whenever he gets into a serious relationship with another human. He won't make love to me anymore. I pout I can't help it. I've had feelings for him for years now. It's not his fault. I don't fit into his life. I'll never be a woman. Never have children. I cry. The only time I find any happiness is when he is holding me. His new lover she's kind. I know I've been inside her mind. She's all those things a woman should be. Everything I will never be. I run for the ocean. It doesn't take long for me. I dive into the waves and swim deep. I don't need to breath my body does a lot of things out of reflex. The ocean creatures like on land avoid my unnaturalness. I have no fear underwater anymore then I would have on land in a Forrest. The ocean soothes me. I close my eyes and relax in its depths.

My family my fellow children are avoiding me right now they are frightened of my sudden new abilities. My father Cicero says they will come around. I need to give them time to adjust. My new powers are the consequence of drinking the blood of an ancient one. Nefertiti had taken me as a lover for a time. I had reveled in her touch and her blood. I wasn't upset when she chose another after awhile. I'm glad she has forgiven me and still loves me. I miss my family though and I don't even have William now. He grew weary and went to ground to sleep. Imhotep and Nefertiti are to busy with each other to give me attention. He had recently awoken from a long sleep, lucky me, they are catching up. It had only left Nikki. Now he is with another and I am alone. I need to seek shelter. I climb out of the water. I give myself a shake. I'm not worried about being wet. I'll dry as I run. I make it back to Nikki's a little before dawn. Nikki doesn't know about the old bomb shelter under his home. I found it by accident. Now it's where I sleep. I open the grass covered hatch and crawl into the dark. I lay awake for awhile I wait for sunrise. I feel the pull of my death sleep coming over me. The last person I think of is Nikki and is it time to finally release him..