Teenage Vampire Drama 2013

Nina's POV

"Nina where are you off to?" Nikki asks seeing me not in my usual little girl sun dress.

"Out." I point at the door.

"Why you fed earlier?" He asks another question a grin on his face.

"Is it a date?" Courtney asks joining in.

"Well I am meeting a boy." I huff.

"What boy?" Nikki asks raising an eyebrow.

"A vampire boy." I groan.

"What vampire boy?" He keeps up the interrogation.

"You don't know him." I say being invasive.

"From another family?" He asks continuing to be a pain.

"Ok. His name is Zane and he's a stray. He doesn't have a gang." I answer in a huff.

"You think that's a good Idea? Does Jack know? How long have you known him?" He asks.

"No Jack doesn't know and I've known him for a week." I huff and roll my eyes. "We're just going to the movies."

"I don't think I like it. What do you think Courtney?" He looks to her for an answer.

"I don't like it either." She says. "A nice boy would try to meet your family before taking you on a date."

"Really you two." I groan. "I can take care of myself."

"Ok if you say so." He says softly. He looks concerned.

"I'm leaving now." I'm out the door in rush before they can say another word like asking me to stay there. They can't really stop me, but they can make me feel like I should obey.

I'm excited to meet Zane at the movie house. He's so cute he looks like seventeen. He hasn't told me his actual age yet. But I figure we have plenty of time to get to know each other. We meet outside. He thinks it's funny that I willingly pay our way in.

"I can't believe it." He laughs.

"I like the owner and the people who work here." I tell him with a smile. I buy us sodas and he gives me a funny look.

"Wait and I'll show you a trick." I grin mischievously.

"What are we seeing?" He grins.

"World War Z," I snicker.

"A monster movie yea" He laughs.

"At least it's not Twilight." I giggle.

"Oh look at me I'm a sparkly vampire." He whispers in my ear making me giggle. He has such beautiful blue eyes. I sigh. We find some seats and wait for the movie to start. I also find a willing donor. I carefully have the human bleed into our soda. I heal the kid and send him to another seat. I hand zane his. He takes a wary drink.

"That's good." he grins.

"My sire taught me if you mix blood in human drinks our bodies will except it. He likes his whiskey." I smile.

"Wow your sire stuck around. Mine left after he made me." He comments.

"I'm sorry." I say softly and take his hand. "Who taught you things then?"

"I've learned a lot on my own." He answers.

The movie comes on and ends our conversation for the moment. I allow him to put his arm around me as we watch.

After the movie we run to the beach. I love it here. I like the sound of the waves. We walk for awhile and talk. I find my favorite spot and sit pulling him gently down with me.

"Is it true you were Nefertiti's lover and drank from Imhotep?" He asks.

"Yes. Is that a big deal?" I ask.

"It's cool." He smirks.

He pulls me close and brushes his lips against mine. Then he moves to my neck. I feel his teeth. I gently push him back.

"No not yet." I whisper.

"Why not?" He asks sharply.

"I just met you. I'm not ready to let you that deep into my mind." I try to explain.

"It's not your mind I'm interested in." He smirks. "It's your strength." I glance around he's not alone. He's not a stray looking for a family. He's part of a rogue gang. He goes for me again. The others race forward in an attempt to pin me. I punch and struggle with him. I break free and run. They give chase. I out distance them quickly. I race through coven territory knowing they won't dare follow. Once I'm sure I've lost them. I run for Nikki and Courtney tears streaming down my face.

Nikki's POV

I'm getting ready for bed. But I'm not sure I'll sleep good. I'm worried about Nina and her new friend. I just have a bad feeling. Courtney comes up behind me and hugs me resting her head against my back. It's then that we feel her fear and sadness. I don't know how I know but I know she is coming this way. We both walk to the back door and wait. It's doesn't take long before we see her come over the fence. I open the door and she rushes to us. Tears stream from her eyes.

"Oh baby what's wrong?" I ask as I lead her to the couch. We all sit together. Courtney cuddles Nina to her breast. I cuddle close and hold them both.

"I thought he liked me." She chokes out.

"Baby what happened tell me sweetheart." I whisper.

"He just wanted to use me." She cries. "He just wanted my blood. He wanted to be stronger."

"Baby I'm so sorry." I whisper.

"Daddy." She sobs. "He was going to drain me and then let them use me when I was weak. There weren't any girls in his gang. It was in their minds."

Her cries are heart wrenching. She's never called me daddy before. That's how frightened and hurt she is. I stroke her back. It pains me to think of what would have happened if she hadn't escaped. I can feel my anger grow but logic tells me. I need help with this. I smile outside I see the red glowing eyes of Nina's family and Imhotep. They've heard Nina's cries. I kiss Nina on the head. Then I walk outside to speak with Imhotep.

"Greetings." Imhotep says.

"And to you." I answer bowing my head.

"We did not hear Nina's distress until she was clear of their influence. One of them has a powerful shield." He comments.

"Can you find them?" I ask.

"Oh yes." He grins. "I have a few tricks of my own."